ICOMM?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

which is better icomm or rom/fx voice amplifier?

I use an iComm, it's what I could afford at the time. The iComm circuit board comes enclosed in a black case for protection but it also makes it larger.  The Rom/fx doesn't come enclosed but it's smaller.  The iComm runs off of the amplifier battery, the Rom/fx has it's own battery pack.  The iComm is self contained so you can't change any settings except what type of static burst you want.  The Rom/fx allows you to change delay of static burst, volume levels, voice input levels, modulation amounts, etc.  iComm is more readily available. The Rom/fx is a bit more of a wait. The iComm works fine for me and don't see the need to fiddle with a bunch of settings.  Some people like having more control over settings so they go the Rom/fx route.  They both work great!  So the questions you will have to answer is how fast do you want it, how much do you want to spend, where are you thinking of placing it (helmet vs chest - space issues) and how much control do you want over the settings? Hope that helps a little.

Edited by Squimspickle
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...