Angry wannabe

I have reviewed all threads you've posted in, and I can't see any reason for your feelings. Unless you're upset because you haven't gotten enough posts on your build thread. Remember that a lack of response is not a dismissal. It could just be a lack of good answer, or just lack of effort from others to repeat information you'll find yourself in other threads.

I actually think you are on the right track with your upgrades, Marc.  Re-doing the strapping system alone was a big improvement!  I realize that you may have to wait for a new bucket, but you are doing a great job with that armor so far, and I am glad to hear that you are going to continue with it.  You'd be surprised how some people mod things FAR beyond what others think "can't be done".  I saw a Hasbro E-11 mod on here recently that looks better than my Doopydoos resin build!  It just takes time and patience, so hang in there, sir... I have faith in you!   Illegitemi non carborundum"!

Agreed, a lack of posts on a site like this is not necessarily a slight or a dismissal. There are literally thousands of posts and people on here daily. Sometimes things get lost in the shuffle, you know?

I too think you're doing a good job. Keep it going! It may help you to find a fellow trooper you can "friend up" with and send some PMs. It's a forum community, but it's also a 2-way street.

• Like 2

To back up what Jim said immediately above, there are over 15,000 registered members, and over 460,000 posts on the FISD forums.

Add to that the fact that all of the ANOVOS kits began arriving and getting posted in early February and yeah...  A lot of threads probably got minimal responses.  

I'm not saying that to negate how you feel, I'm hoping it will help you to understand the situation a little bit better.  As for your thread, you had one of the top builders in the world (UKSWRATH) comment on your thread, and offer his assistance if you needed it.  Sometimes, sending someone a PM and asking them to look at your thread, or to offer some help will generate just the right visibility that you need to bring more people to your thread.  A lack of commentary is not necessarily dismissal, but if you're moving along, and doing a good job, then there may just not be much that people feel compelled to say.

I also think that you're doing a good job with your rebuild.  It looks like you're definitely on the right track, and you've got some solid contacts (Both of the Deployment Officers have weighed in on your build thread) waiting to help.  Don't hesitate to reach out via PM and ask if you feel that you need more assistance from people.

Where do you live?  There may be armor parties or helpful members nearby who would love to come by and work with you to re-fit your kit.  There are many solutions to every problem that one can encounter or perceive here in the Detachment.  Work to find them!

Keep at it, Marc, you're doing just fine.   ;)

EDIT:  Additionally, FX is anything but poor quality armor.  It may not be quite as accurate as some of the other (newer) kits available, but it is clearly and certainly accurate enough for Legion membership - we've got an FX rebuild applying for EIB right this very moment - and it will last forever.  I cannot agree that it is poor quality.  ;)  

Keep your chin up brother, and keep at the build.  

This post you made is probably enough of a reach for help to get you some more help in your build.

• Like 4

Huh?  It looks like CTID just started one thread and a few people chimed in on that thread and encouraged/offered help.  I don't know where the hurt is coming from?!?!?  Dude only made that original post 20 days ago.....I guess he expected a bunch of ppl to post responses.

CTID,

Just to let you know, most of the members who signed up accounts here only visit this site when they were first interested in buying a TK and during their build.  After that, most disappear.  There are only a few who actually stay on and visit here often....usually the veterans here.  So, you're usually not going to get a lot of responses to any post.  Don't think it's because ppl here don't care.

Edited by hon143

I can empathize with what he is saying, not on here in my own experience but on a triumph bike forum, my bike was originally a triumph Daytona and the frame was thrown away and most of what's left was put into a hand built custom chop frame, because of this I was shunned and or ignored by most and as that place had it's cliques a lot were wary of replying as they thought they may be looked down on by the rest of the teletubby's (one piece racing leather suit wearing guys on street bikes)...

That said, here there are plenty that give encouragement but as has been mentioned a lot of posts go up and reading every new or newly replied post isn't generally viable to people with a life (haha yeah I just implied we all have lives, Ooooft if only)...

Just remember this, if something is baaaad you will get people pointing it out so a lack of any posts is better than absolute criticism...

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

To echo Detachment leadership with a slightly different spin, you will get out of FISD what you put in. There are of course areas that get more views than others i.e. ANH vs ESB or ROTJ. But doing your research and asking questionson others' threads or via pm goes a long way. Given I'm pretty far from most of my garrison FISD was my major source for info, help and support. <br>

It's also important to realize that most people (I hope) won't comment outside their area of expertise. I'm a new builder and try to be quick to talk about the mistakes I made and the lessons I learned but that's all. <br><br>

Don't give up just try something different.

We're a very vocal group. If there's nothing bad being pointed out as you progress and post updates...that's a good thing. Your thread may not get the posting dog pile tonys do...but it will be easier to see your updates that way. Most fx builds I've seen are hero, because if overlap construction. I like hero builds. Frowny troopers rock.