Mimi IS ONE OF US!

gazmosis

Everyone remembers the heartwarming story of Mimi. She is the little sweetheart who underwent cancer treatment and was visited by members of the Midwest Garrison. She wanted to go for a walk and took the hand of our own TK 41551 (Eric Werner) and the rest is 501st historypost-12041-0-19062300-1456325560_thumb.jpg

This past weekend, the Midwest Garrison with help from hospital administrators and Mimi's parents, were reunited and payed a visit to our little trooper. It was a total surprise to her so to see her in a Vader suit was a surprise to the troopers!!post-12041-0-85150200-1456325570_thumb.jpg

A HUGE shout out to Walt at Walt's Trooper Factory for donating her birthday present: his incredible kid's helmet with the upgraded molds. I built it with extra love for her her. She will treasure it forever!

post-12041-0-57046800-1456325574_thumb.jpgpost-12041-0-68386400-1456325580_thumb.jpg

• Like 22

Holy cow...This sort of thing really puts a lump in your throat.  That smile is worth a thousand words, and I'm glad to see she is doing better.  Thanks for posting this, Steve, and to Walt for supplying the mini-bucket.  Wow... what an organization this is!!

I personally think that the first photo of her and Eric should be in a permanent archive...

• Like 9

Who's cutting onions in the Federal Building?????

Beautiful, beautiful story, about a beautiful little girl.   :smiley-sw013:

Thanks Steve, for building that bucket and sharing the story, and please extend my thanks to the MWG members involved.
Thanks Walt!!  

Is this one shared via the Legion or the Garrison on Facebook?  This is the kind of thing that I'd love to see shared by our Detachment Facebook page as well.  I mean, Mimi is a Stormtrooper after all.

• Like 7

Ahhhh crap .... Now I need to find a lie to tell my wife why I am crying.... Thanks for the props guys. But I did the easy part You guys that do this type of troop. You are the real heroes here. I give mad props to you for your strength. And the kids you all bring joy to!!! This is the real reason I joined a great group!!!

• Like 10

Very close to my heart this. Having seen first hand, how important it is to give sick kids a glimmer of happiness, this is just the kind of thing i've volunteered to do. I've partnered-up with a couple of local kids' cancer charities, who can call me to do visits to the oncology ward.

I say it's close to my heart because my daughter was diagnosed with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukaemia in 2009, having just turned 9. Smiles and laughter are extremely valuable at such times  :)

A huge well done to you guys  :duim:

• Like 7

What a great story.  Everyone involved should be proud of what you have done to make such an impact on this girls life.  This will leave a lasting impression in her head and when she gets older these types of gratitude will make her become a caring person who will do the same for other people.  Great job guys!

• Like 2

Buckets off to everyone who was involved!

Proud to spread the news of Bad Guys Doing Good! https://www.facebook.com/The501stLegion/posts/10153999708704752

(If that link doesn't work, check it again about two hours from now. ;) )

Thanks for getting the share out there, Brian!