Approved TK Boot Vendor

TK Boots-----------------and Imperial Boots http://www.imperialboots.com/

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

TKBoots is the more popular choice right? Anybody know how much they usually charge for shipping (to CA)?

TK offers MUCH cheaper shipping in CA (they're based here in CA), and it's VERY fast (when they're in stock, of course), but they do have to charge sales tax within CA. Still, I think TK ends up being priced roughly $5-10 less than IB, for purchasers in the US. (although IB has a sale price now, so normally more!)

IB shipping takes a long time to reach CA, I believe. They're based in China, and ship from there, so it's faster for Europe and slower for us. (and the opposite, for TK... faster in the US and slower internationally)

Shipping is also a LOT more expensive with IB. $35 for "standard" shipping, which is going to be quite slow from China. Or $50 (!!) for "Express" shipping from China.

The TK Boots are a little taller, I've read, which many prefer because the shoes stay tucked under the shim armor easier. Not vastly taller, just enough to notice.

By all reports, quality between the two is otherwise very comparable.

Sizing is a little different. Both run small and narrow, but I believe I've read IB's sizing is a full size smaller than TK. IB sizes are in EU sizes so it doesn't fully match US sizes. TK Boots only come in full (US) sizes.

Numbers for California orders:

TK Boots:

Boots: $80

Shipping: $14.50 (to CA)

Tax: $6.40 (only for California addresses)

Total: $100.90

Imperial Boots:

Boots: $69.90 (on sale right now, normally $5-10 more)

Shipping: $35 (to CA)

Total: $104.90

In sum, BOTH boots will give you an excellent result, once you get them in hand, but for someone in California, TK will cost less and arrive MUCH faster. People in other countries will have different calculations, due to very different shipping prices from both vendors.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was wondering if you were close enough to them if you could just pick them up? Just that random thought about the CA buyers.

I was wondering if you were close enough to them if you could just pick them up? Just that random thought about the CA buyers.

Curious myself, too, although I believe they're not close enough (to me, personally) that it would make a difference.  (It's not worth a 3+ hour drive, and CA is a huge state)

Curious myself, too, although I believe they're not close enough (to me, personally) that it would make a difference. (It's not worth a 3+ hour drive, and CA is a huge state)

Yeah I grew up in that area and when i realized they were based out of Anaheim it made me wonder about that.