TK-1979's RWA ANH TK Build

TK-1979

Well after months of research looking at possibly every possible armour build, big box day is finally here!<<br>

I went with RWA for my armour, great price and Ross is a great guy! He also does extended calf/shin parts which were a must for my lanky self!<br>

Great set of armour this, 2mm ABS capped so it feels nice and sturdy. I must admit I'm a little overwhelmed at the moment and unsure where to start. I've bookmarked a few RWA threads and I've gathered some advice from Ross and a few other experienced armour makers. I think I'll start on the arms and legs as they seem like a good way of getting used to working with ABS, I'm gonna go slow and steady and hopefully avoid any major problems.

post-26019-0-95985000-1456474818_thumb.jpeg

post-26019-0-13786200-1456474835_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TK-1979

OK so finally made a start last night, I must admit the ABS took a little getting used to, I used a combination of scoring and snapping and also using curved scissors for the more intricate parts, I quickly discovered than my scissors are rubbish, so I'll be buying a better set.<br><br><br>

The edges are a little rough so I'll tidy them up with some sand piper, depending on how my new scissors are I may just use a dremmel for the tricky part, what are people's thoughts on that?

post-26019-0-33477600-1456475400_thumb.jpeg

Edited by TK-1979

I've used score/snap and lexan scissors, with a 220 grit sandpaper to finish off edges.

I have heard conflicting reports on Dremel use. Some use the sanding drums with no issue, others end up reporting the plastic getting too hot and melting edges more than sanding them. With the plastic being 2mm, you might consider tin snips instead of lexan scissors, since they can go through thicker material with less effort. If you choose this option, just be sure to get a set of three snips (left, right, and straight) for the most control.

What strapping system are you going with on the torso? Straps and snap plates? I'll give a word of caution of the original wire strapping system. Its great but not for 2mm abs. Its so thick and rigid it can add stress with that system. Troopmaster who makes the TM armor in 1.5mm and 2mm warns against wire strapping on 2mm.