TK-9135 V2.0 Full ESB

Sitting here believe it or not cutting armor. Working on the biceps.

Whoo Hoo! Must have been thinking the same thing...

Whew. The one I had bookmarked was off. Great googley moogly... cant build TM without it!

Hey!

Look at the mess I made today... Been long enough huh! Great looking pile of scap. Only the legs left to rough trim.

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

The joining strips on my suit are ;

All arms 15mm

Front of legs 20mm

Back of thighs 20mm

Back of shins 25mm

Doing the same. Those 25mm strips come in really handy closing up the shins!

• 4 weeks later...

Start.... Stop. Start.... Stop.... Start!

Wife is out of town, and I have a week all to my lonesome. Whoo hoo!

I should be complete if not really close this week to FINALLY having armor built. How did you all trim strips to size?

I am starting with the Torso build now!

Nate,

I mark out out the width of the strip with a pencil and then use a metal spirit level (or any stright edge will do) and a utility knife and lightly score the first cut. A second score usually gets through the plastic, but if not, just bend and snap. Make sure to cut the corners off at 45 degrees at each end, so the bottom would look like this \___/ for authenticity ;)

Now hurry up and get the kit finished!

:D

Torso is done.

Upper body is done.

Helmet is done.

E6000 is drying. All that is left is the arms and legs, then the belt.

Pretty proud of my strap set up. By far the best I have done to date. I will be able to take the full arms off in one shot, upper body in another and the torso in yet another. all separate and comfy with plastic spring clips. Not 100% screen, but should troop like a dream, and who sees the straps anyway. Hey have to be functional in my book.

Thighs to be supported with a waist belt as well. The only parts loose will be the shins.

Manny looks like poo, but man... this set looks great on. Flat out love it. Should be able to run in this armor. Its that fitting. WhooOoO HOoooOO!

IMG_0883.jpg

IMG_0884.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg

IMG_0886.jpg

IMG_0887.jpg

IMG_0890.jpg

Nathan! looking fantastic!!! :peace:

Man I've always jones-ed to replace my chest plate with a more accurate one...TM if you're out there...let me know if you pull in standard HIPS and if it would be possible to score a replacement for my HIPS suit?

Scott

This really saddens me....when a trooper's plastic addiction becomes so consuming that they seem to forego the basic necessities such as food in order to instead feed their armor habit. I mean, look at this picture of Nathan! Even his scrawny little arms and bony fingers seem to implore "Can someone spare a sandwich??"

I therefore urge that you to donate to the Feed a Trooper (FAT) Fund today. Because an emaciated TK is a terrible waste. ;)

IMG_0890.jpg

This really saddens me....when a trooper's plastic addiction becomes so consuming that they seem to forego the basic necessities such as food in order to instead feed their armor habit. I mean, look at this picture of Nathan! Even his scrawny little arms and bony fingers seem to implore "Can someone spare a sandwich??"

I therefore urge that you to donate to the Feed a Trooper (FAT) Fund today. Because an emaciated TK is a terrible waste. ;)

Heeyy!! :lol:

That's me, too! :P

The only current addiction I have is well...Can you guess? I actually dig the white lid on the armor... Kinda cool.

IMG_0926.jpg

IMG_0918-2.jpg

I however am on the hunger plan to decrease the size of the shims I need... ;)

• 3 months later...

Start... stop. Start.... Stop.

Good golly some day I will be done! I actually toted the bin into work today. Ill be working on it in my shop at lunch time on the ship.

I will (crosses fingers) be done in about two weeks.

Said that before, but really.. I need to get er done. Been sitting on the box for too long. All I have left is arms and legs.

• 7 months later...

I start threads... Then loose the motivation to keep them up...

Actually, I finished it... This suit is sitting in a box. It will adorn a mannequin.

I am working on a set of ATA ESB. I guess Ill take a shot of that huh?