EIB / Centurian Overlap?

When applying, does one supercede the other?  I get that EIB is level 2, and Centurian is level 3, but if you are approved as a Centurian, do you automatically get EIB?  Or should you apply for EIB first, then (if approved) move on to Centurian?

• 2 weeks later...

Is the award status tied to a per costume basis? Eg: I had EIB with a previous TK, I've built a few TKs since. Does that mean I need to apply for EIB again with the new costume before applying for Centurion?

Ideally yes. But if you already have EIB and you're confident that your new armour is even better than the last, then I'd say you should be fine with going straight to centurion.

Ideally yes. But if you already have EIB and you're confident that your new armour is even better than the last, then I'd say you should be fine with going straight to centurion.

That's contradictory to the previous DO's advice. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27625-help-needed-to-apply-for-eib-centurion-status/

Certainly not going to say anyones right or wrong. Heaven forbid.... But you would think each set of armour needs to go through the approval, EIB, Centurion process each time. And I think the current Centurion procedure asks for a link to your current EIB status.

Edited by Sith Lord

That's contradictory to the previous DO's advice. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27625-help-needed-to-apply-for-eib-centurion-status/

Certainly not going to say anyones right or wrong. Heaven forbid.... But you would think each set of armour needs to go through the approval, EIB, Centurion process each time. And I think the current Centurion procedure asks for a link to your current EIB status.

Since there is no set-in-stone procedure we can contradict each other and we all go by our gut feeling here. And if it makes you feel any better, I'm both former DO and DL so I've been involved with quite a few applications.

The current procedure does usually include a link to your EIB application. But it does not require it to be the same armour. It's just assumed that it is, because it's such a rare occurrence that someone applies for EIB, waits around for a few years, and then builds a new armour to use. The norm is to apply for both EIB and Centurion in rather short succession.

• 2 weeks later...

There are many Troopers with multiple EIB and Centurion awards.  If they could simply bypass EIB and go for Centurion because they'd already been awarded EIB one time, there would not be people with multiple EIB awards.

I don't believe that this omission (not directly stating that it must be the same armor) is meant to serve as a loophole to support submitting a new armor directly for Centurion approval.  I don't support using it as a loophole either.   

A new costume must be submitted for and approved as EIB prior to submission for Centurion, as the award is indeed tied to the costume being worn by that individual and hence, it isn't transferable and - as previously stated - can be awarded multiple times to an individual.

• Like 3

I would have to agree with Tim on this one.

The award is tied to the costume and not the member.

If a member chose to retire a costume, and then decide to bring it out of retirement , does it not need to be re approved at a basic level to officially troop in it again?

There fore, any new costume would need to be approved through all levels IMHO.

A loophole that needs some attention I would say, and perhaps set in stone so there is no gray area surrounding it. :)

I can post new pictures to apply for EIB and Centurion if needed, they would essentially be the same photos. I just wanted some clarity on the process.<br><br>

I guess I am one of those rare cases as I got EIB with one of my first TKs. I've built multiple sets since for myself, sold the old ones etc. I had other legion costumes to keep my status "active".<br><br>

My latest TK was built in 2014 but there's only a few small upgrade details needed for Centurion.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Is the award status tied to a per costume basis? Eg: I had EIB with a previous TK, I've built a few TKs since. Does that mean I need to apply for EIB again with the new costume before applying for Centurion?

There are many Troopers with multiple EIB and Centurion awards.  If they could simply bypass EIB and go for Centurion because they'd already been awarded EIB one time, there would not be people with multiple EIB awards.

I don't believe that this omission (not directly stating that it must be the same armor) is meant to serve as a loophole to support submitting a new armor directly for Centurion approval.  I don't support using it as a loophole either.   

A new costume must be submitted for and approved as EIB prior to submission for Centurion, as the award is indeed tied to the costume being worn by that individual and hence, it isn't transferable and - as previously stated - can be awarded multiple times to an individual.

Actually this is not entirely correct. These awards are recognitions in costume achievement. Once you have them, you have them. Also, EI is costume specific, Centurion is not.

Thus if you get your EI on your ANH TK, then submit for an ROTJ TK, the ROTJ will be a separate submission as it is a separate award. However if you got Centurion on your ANH TK, then since there is only one Centurion awarded, you need not submit your ROTJ as there is nothing to award you. Well, you can but you will not get a "second Centurion award", all you get is an independent assessment that the suit met Centurion standards.

On the other hand if you got your EI on your old ANH suit, and now have a new ANH suit, you are *not* required to resubmit that suit for EI, since you already have an ANH EI award. You can submit directly for Centurion (presuming you don't already have a Centurion). Remember it is the person who gets the award, not the suit!

Lastly, people can do and use the same post for EI and Centurion - they just copy their submission to a new topic once the EI is awarded. No issue there.

Hope that clarifies things, if not lmk.

• Like 2