Darth Sarcasms RS PVC Build

DarthSarcasm

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So before everyone asks, all the tape is to protect the protruding edges so they don't get scratched when I move the bucket around. I tend to get really focused and take less care when moving it around.

Now, on with our show...

I'm working out where I want the brow to be above the lenses. I used blue tape to get a decent straight line that was equally spaced above the lenses.

The bottom edge of the tape is where I want the bottom of the black rubber to sit.

Now, Time for a station break...2020-11-16_04-19-02.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, DarthSarcasm said:

So before everyone asks, all the tape is to protect the protruding edges so they don't get scratched when I move the bucket around. I tend to get really focused and take less care when moving it around.

A good idea, looking forward to seeing the progress.

Most builders know that it can be a real hassle to marry up the back of the bucket to the front and keep everything from going akimbo (Akimbo is actually a Ewok word that loosely translates in basic as "To Sh*t) every time you make an adjustment. Since I can't afford the two extra cybernetic limbs I saw on Ebay and I don't think I'll be bitten by a radioactive spider anytime in the near future, I had to improvise.

My remedy is, as you can see in the first photo, to make a Jig out of two pieces of scrap taped together and then I heat bended them to conform to the area above the lenses.

2020-11-16_04-34-53.jpg

Then I tapped it below the area I've chosen to be my brow line

2020-11-16_05-03-55.jpg

I back rolled some tape (Sticky side out) and stuck it under the center of the jig to give support so it does not slide down.

And so it goes...

Dan has an nice documented RS build which may help

There is a lot of tweaking with helmet builds, move one spot and it affects another spot, you will find most helmets will have a gap until pieces are pulled together, using magnets can help aligning things up

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:
Dan has an nice documented RS build which may help

There is a lot of tweaking with helmet builds, move one spot and it affects another spot, you will find most helmets will have a gap until pieces are pulled together, using magnets can help aligning things up

GREAT! Thanks!

• Like 1

When building an RS helmet, always always start with the left side . Line the eye up with the forehead trap, and make the first hole . Use an ear nut n bolt to secure it , then work round to the right side . Don't fit the rivets until you are happy with the fit . 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarthSarcasm said:

Thanks, this is by far the most unnerving part of the bucket.

I agree, I had a heck of a time with my first helmet, ears where the worst

• Like 1

Can't quite see in your image but as long as they are tapered screws they will be fine 

1RxBYVY.jpg