Lordhero´s Anovos Build

Hey everyone.

Yes it´s another Anovos build. My kit came last week.

IMG_1329_zpsjncs8g1i.jpg

IMG_1347_zpswc9pvzff.jpg

IMG_1350_zpstmfhlxgk.jpg

Of course I had to lay all parts out on the floor just so I could take a picture.

IMG_1363_zpsptauooty.jpg

That's what i did the first night. It´s always good to look at the kit before you start. Because I have looked at so many building threads before my kit arrived. The only feeling was that it will be fun to finally get started. I hope to make this good enough to finally join the 501st. And it feels like i´m on to a good start now when i have everything to at least start building. This is the start to a great adventure and I really looking forward to every step and challenge this will give me. With your help i´m not worried about this.

For the empire!

/Lordhero

And the trimming continued today. And this is the results.

IMG_1405_zpsa96jjriw.jpg

IMG_1407_zpsroezcrqu.jpg

And this is the pars I trimmed so far.

IMG_1410_zpsvprh3kev.jpg

So tomorrow i will take a look to remove the return ages on the parts it has to be removed from. Then sanding. Now the nervous part for me starts. Try to bring it all together. I´m a really skinny guy so I probably have some fitting questions in a near future. Hopefully its not to much modifying needed. 

/ Lordhero

• Like 1

So now when I´m trying on the arm piece. I have a lot of air between my arm and the armor. I took the left arm piece and overlapped the edges until it fitted the way a wanted to. The result I get is i can cut of 2 cm on the back and 1 cm in the wrist area. And that´s with the return edges still there. Is it possible to cut that of or is it to much? Take 1 cm of from each side of the back and 0,5 cm in the wrist area.

It looks round enough if i look at the arm piece when holding it together with the overlap. As it is now I can easily get two fingers in between the armor and my wrist.

What to to?.. :blink:  

Edited by Lordhero

Yea sorry don´t know what happen with the pictures but i try again. 

As you can see I have a lot of air between my arm and the piece.

IMAG0134_zpsgfj3fgl5.jpg

The wrist area same thing.

IMAG0135_zpsg6jgnlfn.jpg

I'm not sure you can see my marks. If i overlap all the way to the marks the piece fits the way i want it to. Or is it to much?

IMAG0136_zpsbk5effuu.jpg

wow, that gap is bigger than expected.

The forearms are always big on most people, but i agree thats a bit too much. you may have to treat it like AM armor in that you cut beyond the traditional marks and put the strip to cover it up. You won't be able to tell.

Be careful though, you do not want your forearms tight.

So now when i started on the thighs I have a size problem once again. They are way to big for me. So here is another question.

If i split the measurement between the to pieces I took to make it fit me. Will that be okay?

IMG_1435_zps5yluiuc2.jpg

IMG_1432_zps9bvv1ce9.jpg

IMG_1430_zpswtzte3pw.jpg

What´s the experts opinion on this?

Edited by Lordhero

I'm not an expert :-). Splitting the difference is a good starting point, but also look at the current shape of both sides. In your picture the right half looks a bit longer than the left. So measure both sides and cut a bit more from the longer side, and less of the shorter, to the end up with equal width. Also look at how flat the surface is. It is a lot more difficult to glue a cover strip on a curved surface than a flat one.

Generally the mid point of the overlap at the top and bottom is where you mark your cut lines for each half. As mentioned above, you need to keep a reasonable balance in the size of the two halves so I would agree to shift that central marker across to take more off the larger side and less off the smaller.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look right.

You can tell the shins just by the naturally curve fit on your leg and calves; but either way the long sides on the bottom are clear distinctions of the outside of the legs.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to start with thanking all for the help. Without you I would not be were I am today.

And now to a short update. I haven´t done at much as i wanted to. I´m just been busy. But some work has been done. 

I have removed all the exes glue from the arms and biceps. So they are ready for mounting.

IMG_1453_zps9wdjqvrw.jpg

Secondly I glued the calves on the front. Haven´t removed the exes glue yet. I will do that when the back is done.

IMG_1454_zpsdilgl0je.jpg

That´s about it for now. I´m waiting for my brackets for the chest and so on. Meanwhile I will glue the back of the calves and then the thighs. But even if there is still a lot of work left it feels like the goal comes closer. And it´s coming faster than I thought. Hoping to work more on the kit this coming week. More than I succeeded in the last few weeks. So back to work ;)

Edited by Lordhero

So I just done a test fit for the calves. And i´m happy with the space between the shoes and calves so time to glue the back.

IMG_1458_zpsjjwxw4lo.jpg

I´m not sure how much more then this will be done today. Probably I will try to size the thighs so they will fit better. If I will get the time.

Edited by Lordhero

Is there a game to see who can keep the protective layer on their Anovos kit the longest? :P

:laugh1:

i was thinking the same thing!!! can everyone please remove that protective layer lol.

• 1 month later...

So I've been pretty busy. But a lot has been done. While I´m waiting for the white color to arrive. I will geat the elastics on. I figured it was time to update here as well with some pictures. Most of the things are still work in progress. But my goal is to finish everything before the next weekend. And it dosen´t feel hard to get done in time. I´m hopping to geat approved and get my ID number so I can order the FISD Racing shirt ;)

IMG_1570_zpssjay84my.jpg

I did my best with the belt. Just hopping the rings from the upper holes won´t be any problem for basic approval. I took some material from the belt and glued it on the backside. At least the black wont be seen thru the hole now.

IMG_1568_zpsadqavqvr.jpg

The hooks on the arms is not glued to place yet. I just wanted to see how it will look like when its done. And yea I still keep the protection film on XD

IMG_1567_zpssu5nfu7i.jpg

Calves almost done too. Just glue the elastics on the back and that´s it :)

IMG_1566_zpsmang8ynn.jpg

The shoulder bells is just missing the bigger elastic and then they are done to. 

IMG_1563_zps8eislufs.jpg

And I just hade to but the armor up so I could see ruffly how it will look when that´s get done later in the upcoming week.

IMG_1562_zps8fuwiisc.jpg

And that´s it for now. More updates will fallow within this coming week I promise ;)

Edited by Lordhero