new to resin

kevin926

Hello all. I have been doing alot of reading here and thanks for all the posted info, it's great. I do have a new to resin question however. I plan on drilling out my scope and other modifications to other parts so how are you hollowing out these parts? What kind of saw blade are you using to cut without breaking the piece? Do I start small and work my way up to the dimensions needed? Thanks in advance. Kevin

I normally use either a drill and start small and work up to larger bits or a Dremel for some areas. Take your time and keep the piece held tightly as the drill bit can bite and catch on occasion.

You can see some different mods done to the scope in the Blaster Reference in Chapter 23.  You can access the reference by clicking the banner in my signature.

Also you can see what drill bits I used to hollow out my scope in my blaster build. From what I can remember, I first drilled a small hole in the center of the lens as a catch for the larger drill bits and then used the larger wood drill bits from small to larger.  I didn't drill too deep with each bit, just enough to give the next size up a stable center to sink into. Was scary as the bits tended to wobble about as is turned . 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28778-bulldog44-dd-e-11build/?p=367313

I think if you have a nice step drill bit that can give you the needed diameter and enough depth, you can hollow it out with more ease. 

Sorry, hard to explain these things with enough clarity. Hope it helps.

Edited by Bulldog44