alternative to Hengstler counter?

tk427

Hi Mark and welcome to the FISD.

As far as I know, there are only very few alternative counters that match the size of a Hengstler. Almost no chance on ebay.

You can check the "For Sale or Trade - Personal Items" section, or contact Blue Snaggletooth. Maybe he can help.

Real Hengstlers got expensive during the last 2 years, but a few members made some nice conversions or scratch build counters with number rolls from different counters (see here).

The next best thing beside a real Hengstler would be Dennis' (A.K.A. Blue Snagletooth) Hengstler Counter Replica's; http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/34954-fs-4-run-hengstler-400-counter-eagle-replicas/

I purchased one for my blaster build, they are super accurate and built to exact scale with correct dimensions, also the counter itself is functional. Definitely a step up from a resin cast! I chose to go this route for two reasons; 1. They look exactly like the real thing but they are lighter in weight which is something I take into consideration as I don't want a heavy blaster 2. They are hollow behind the counter socket unlike the real thing which leaves room for small electronic components.

Edited by SlyFox740
  • Like 1

1. Doopy Resin

2. Doopy resin with clear class and paper numbers underneath

3. Doopy resin with clear class and paper numbers underneath and pushable button

4. Doopy resin with aftermarket 'real' counter reels and button from a Chinese ebay counter

5. Doopy resin with Bluesnaggletooth rear half counter  

6. Full 'fake' counter from Bluesnaggletooth

7. Real Hengstler branded counter

I would expect that that order would be the best in terms of accuracy AND price that you'd expect to pay.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 04/11/2017 at 3:32 AM, GyLovag said:

It seems I found a Chinese copy.
404-type 6-bit electromagnetic counter turntable

I think, it is removed from the case.
I order one of them.

product link

Weight: 200 gram

$9.24 (product) + $8.13 (shipping) = $17.37

Which one did you order? Seems theres 3 options 2 of which seem broken and a 110v one.  The default is one of the "litteral" ones.  Might grab on at pay day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2017. 11. 17. at 9:26 AM, themaninthesuitcase said:

Which one did you order? Seems theres 3 options 2 of which seem broken and a 110v one.  The default is one of the "litteral" ones.  Might grab on at pay day.

The site now works well. I chose the 220V version.

yoycart website replica counter

The counter has arrived. I made some pictures.

Hengstler counter replica (chinese copy)

Full ABS housing, but dimensions are the same.

I hope the information is useful. Unfortunately, the original is very expensive. (I only get $ 500 a month for work)

• Like 1