HWT - Holster or no holster

WDunham

Greetings folks,

as I am in the middle of my TK build, which I intended to use as both a stunt ANH TK and a TK HWT, I am finding myself hitting the question with regards to the holster.  The HWT CRL does not say one way or another on this item, so I was hoping to get clarification from the command team on this.

Thank you for your time

I am just a cadet working on the same, but my understanding was that higher levels require it. If you lose the holster you add another ammo pouch and lose the drop boxes as well. But then again I may be wrong. After all I'm still a work in progress .

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

If you intend to be both a Stunt TK and a HWT, then I suggest you have to belts.

That way you can switch them out from one look to the other.

They are drastically different in the belt system.

• Like 2

If you intend to be both a Stunt TK and a HWT, then I suggest you have to belts.

Exactly what I did.  :jc_doublethumbup:

What I was planning on, wanted to double check

Yub gotcgya... Know about the drop boxes... Know about the TD... All that's in the CRL. Just no mention of a holster hence why I asked.

lol,, no holster because the weapons they actually carry do not fit in there  :laugh1:  :jc_doublethumbup:

Don't over think it bud, you got it!

Yea funny thing happened, a bit off topic. Last night I tried to holster my F-11D with tactical stock to my FO TK thigh mount.

Long story short, my dress was dragging lol. BFG are a handheld item 

• Like 1

Or u could just use 1 belt. If your going to make your drop boxes removeable anyways, you could just flip the belt and have the hip worn ammo pouch attach via the holes made to keep your holster attached, that is if you use chicago screws for the holster.<br>

Or, if you do the optional 3rd ammo pouch, just keep the belt as it is, and attach that ammo pouch there.<br>

There are always options ;)

• Like 1

Or u could just use 1 belt. If your going to make your drop boxes removeable anyways, you could just flip the belt and have the hip worn ammo pouch attach via the holes made to keep your holster attached, that is if you use chicago screws for the holster.<br>

Or, if you do the optional 3rd ammo pouch, just keep the belt as it is, and attach that ammo pouch there.<br>

There are always options ;)

When I first built my ATA HWT the drop boxes and holster were on snaps. You can see how I did it on my ATA re-build thread

As I like to be TK and HWT, depending on the event; here's what I did. I have the one belt for both. I kept the screws in the belt that attaches to the holster, unattached the holster, put E-6000 in the back of the belt to hold the screws in. I then put strips of industrial strength Velcro on the inside of the belt and two leather pieces of the holster. So the holster can be worn as a TK, and removed for HWT. As for the Drop boxes, I unfastened the screws that held the boxes to the white strips, used industrial strength Velcro on the back of the drop box and front of the white strip. Attach the drop box as a TK, remove them and tuck the white strips into the armor part of the belt as a HWT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk