a little bump on the road of owning an armor set ! help ?

so as i said here before, 

ever since i saw the movies 25 years ago ive been 12 then.

ive been a huge star wars fan ! so much wanting to get the armour and be like the stormtroppers in the movies !

every Halloween ive dressed as one of the charterers...

and now days when i'm old and much more stupid, and with all that star wars hype going on , ive been setting on the road of acquiring a storm tropper armour. 

now the problem.

i'm 200pounds (94kg), 5.8f (178 cm)

so not fat !!! but a bit chubby...

still that never stopped me from being a fan

so i contacted the 501st, and set a date with their commander in thailand on my visit there for acquiring one.

one look at me and he said, i'm too fat, and too big, and far to old to own a stormtropper armour. that he won't sell me one and that's that.

needless to say ive been really sad about it and hurt.. you know, my dream for all this years led me to him and boom... reality strikes in.

in the past ive been directed to this sellers from this forum as well >

Rob McFadyen, Trooper Gear, Mark Harrison, ATAworks 

and they all sell their kits at around 750usd. which is well deserve ! but a bit high for my budget, and i guess the kits are a bit small for my size. 

so guys, can someone help me as to really am i too big to wear a stormtropper armor ? or frack it and go with it you know, make my dream and all ?

and can you suggest a seller or a place to buy the kits at the 500USD price range for the untrimed, kits + helmet kits. ?

(preferably a bigger kit that will suit me ?)

or this prices no longer exist today with all the hype going on ?

thnx soo much 

94kg is nothing! Check out some of the EIB and Centurion builds - everyone lists their weight and height. There's plenty of larger troopers achieving the higher awards, and they all look great. The main issue larger guys have is shimming the sides so the Ab and Kidney meet, sometimes the back of the thighs, but that is just a little more plastic and glue to deal with. No major problem.

Check out MTK. Not sure what his pricing is these days. But yes, price could be your issue, not size.

• Like 2

Hi shay. As good ole Ian said sizing will not be a problem. I just recently wore my MTK at 198lbs and I'm 5'8". I have not done any extra work to my set to make it fit. MTK will certainly work for you as well as the new AP, AM and I believe TM. However as Ian pointed out the prices may be an issue. But this is not a cheap hobby! But at least now you know you can fit!!!

Edited by starsaber25

You really were told you are too fat and too OLD by this ba st ar d?

This is not "Trooper helping Troopers".

And he is a member of the 501st?

Someone should look into this ...

By the way, I am the same height and weight, 47 years old and proudly wear my TM for trooping.

I think I look splendid in my armor and you will, too! (in your armor, of course, not mine ...)

Edited by Bone
  • Like 5

By the way, I am the same height and weight, 47 years old and proudly wear my TM for trooping.

I think I look splendid in my armor and you will, too! (in your armor, of course, not mine ...)

thnx, yea he is the leader of the thailand brench of them...

well.. you know, i think most people just kinda look for their own in this world... the trooper helping trooper, allthough i'm a strong believer in that, 

in reality most younger people (25 down...) don't really do that any more nowdays... 

thnx soo much for the warm reply though ! really happy to hear still people like you around !: )

Screw that! I'm a 225 5'8 Sandtrooper! You can certainly do it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

thank you .. really thnx !!!

Yeah. I'm not 501st yet, sending submission photos this weekend, but I take offense to that. I mean I'm not by any means large but who is he to say you can't own a set of armor.

Someone PLEASE look into that. That's just not right.

great thnx star, i'll shot him an email. ! keep you posted thnx allot :)

I'm pleased that you're hopes are back and I'm very excited for you to finally get you're own set! Nothing is more exciting for a Star Wars fan!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace
  • Like 1

I do think the member who advised you was a little out of order but if you are joining a Thai Garrison they are all going to be very small framed and more than likely at your weight you may stand out on a Troop, perhaps thats where he is coming from. Also a point worth noting is they are very to the point in Thailand and will say whats on their mind there is no such thing as political correctness, I am not sure why age would be an issue though.

If being a Trooper and looking good in armour is your life long dream why not work on lowering your weight a little while your armour is on order ? you don't have to go crazy and try to look like a stickman but dropping 10kg would not only make you look great you will also be much healthier, win win.

You can check out walts trooper factory on Facebook, I believe they make a larger armour and its about with in your budget. Either way I hope you get to fulfil your dream and get a set of Armor. Good luck.

Edited by Clogger
  • Like 1