Just made a huge mistake! Please help!

Pledford

So I'm working on the thighs and didn't read the build thread closely and cut off the return edges on the top of the thighs. I feel sick to my stomach now. Someone ease tell me this is OK that some people trim it off anyway. Or if not how do I fix this or make new return edges.

I'm pretty sure it's up to you whether or not to trim the return edges, i wouldn't worry. All the build threads I've seen appear to have them trimmed, otherwise the plastic will dig into you. I hope I'm not giving you incorrect information :(

Edited by Darth Tiberius

No need to worry. You can create a new return edge with a heat sealing iron.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/37286757?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227025019252&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=52456884735&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=79534071975&veh=sem

There's a few threads around here on this topic.

I'm pretty sure you're supposed to trim the return edges, i wouldn't worry. All the build threads I've seen appear to have them trimmed, otherwise the plastic will dig into you. I hope I'm not giving you incorrect information :(

Incorrect, return edges are supposed to be there to give depth to the armor. Some places are supposed to have it, some aren't. The thighs should have some return edge, but I think you can get approved without them. My Death Trooper currently does not have them, and I plan to change that before my first troop.

Edited by SolidScrafty

I have all the return edges trimmed off of the top of my thighs, Phil.  If you leave them on, they can cause serious chafing.  There is nothing in the CRLs that states you have to have them, and they are not required for basic, EIB or Centurion levels.

Edited by justjoseph63
  • Like 1

The only place you really *should* take off the entire return edge is at the wrists and ankles. Everyplace else, you leave as much or as little as you want depending on both your desired comfort level and aesthetic.

I have all the return edges trimmed off of the top of my thighs, Phil.  If you leave them on, they can cause serious chafing.  There is nothing in the CRLs that states you have to have them, and they are not required for basic, EIB or Centurion levels.

Exactly, dont worry about it i also removed mine for comfort 

Sigh.....ok thanks guys. So I for sure need to trim edges off of the bottom of both thighs and shins correct? ?

I would leave as much as you can (and still be comfortable) on the bottoms of the thighs, for strength if nothing else.  Definitely the bottoms of the shins and the wrists, like Brian said.

• Like 1

Yup, i dont have return edges on my thigh tops. <br>

Its really up to you. I had to trim the lengths on my thighs and i just never put return edges back on

Pretty much all of the anovos return edges are too big (except the bottom of the chest)

I wouldn't worry about  it. There are folks out there without return edges at the top of the thighs.

Check out this screen used thigh:

gallery_12157_15_2547.jpg

-Eric