HOWTO: Magnetic Plug and Socket. No more velcro.

TK4205

• 4 weeks later...

And videos. Easy on/off:

-------------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working, removed gmrhodes13 2021

THIS!!! Thanks for the a Home Depot spot too, sometimes half the battle is finding the pieces like magnets.

I'm going to use velcro first, but when I have some more time I'll add magnets. Right now I just need to get approved.

This was VERY helpful.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Paul, if you lock it first, inside-out, it will go on already open. You put it on while locked. I like the way it snapped shut on its own.

I hope you guys are enjoying this mod.

I just tricked out a set of armor for a garrison mate. It was cool to see it go on and snap in to place. The entire kit can be done like this; just throw the parts on like Iron Man and they snap and lock, only without the cool sound effects. By "entire kit" I mean the shins, ab, TD, chest plate and sides.

Wyatt and Paul,

This is such a great looking mod. Any chance you have any pictures of the magnetic set-up you used on the chest plate and sides?

Wyatt and Paul,

This is such a great looking mod. Any chance you have any pictures of the magnetic set-up you used on the chest plate and sides?

I used snaps for this on pauls armor, but in hindsight, I would go with magnets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The images to the tutorial can't be seen!!!!

Albert Sanchez

F1SD: virimpact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Photobucket is off line at the moment.

• Like 1

I'm sure it can be done. I just used magnets on the FOTK because of difficulty of suiting up alone. We never had that problem with the original TK's.

Hey random question, can magnets be used for an ANH TK? I received my AP armor, but haven't started cutting or gluing yet. Still looking up best approaches and methods. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

I was told you had to use Velcro for the shins and could NOT use magnets although I haven't been able to find anything officially forbidding it. I went with Velcro for now just to be safe before approval.

I was told you had to use Velcro for the shins and could NOT use magnets although I haven't been able to find anything officially forbidding it. I went with Velcro for now just to be safe before approval.

Who told you that?

I use magnets on the shins and other strapping. I added them to the shoulders and sides of the torso, as well as the calves.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Edited by Strength

You can use any method you want, as long as it works correctly and isn't visible outside.

That said, I've read a number of reports of people who have tried magnets with OT TK shins, and they have an unfortunately tendency to pop open under any strain, much moreso than Velcro or the elastic bra hooks. Perhaps this particular method cures the issue, but there you go. I'm sticking with Velcro simply because it works very well for me.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having a hard time parsing the pictures at the beginning.  in each picture, I only see 1 magnet and I'm trying to figure out how the two go together.  

and the video doesn't seem to work anymore either.

Edit: Got the video working with Microsoft Edge.

Okay, I'm starting to see how the magnets work, but I still don't see how the other magnet goes.  In this picture, for example:

UZPYOLf.jpg

Along the top there, you can see the exposed magnets.  On the bottom, are those magnets, too?  If so, how are they "inside" the plastic?  To me, those just look like recesses for the upper magnets to fall into.   Basically, I cant see how the second magnets on the lower part are affixed.

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

I'm having a hard time parsing the pictures at the beginning. in each picture, I only see 1 magnet and I'm trying to figure out how the two go together.

Along the top there, you can see the exposed magnets. On the bottom, are those magnets, too? If so, how are they "inside" the plastic? To me, those just look like recesses for the upper magnets to fall into. Basically, I cant see how the second magnets on the lower part are affixed.

As I see it, you've got the exposed magnet on one side of the ab, and then there's the white painted magnet on top of the HIPS stack. The exposed magnet sits inside the recess and the layers of HIPS make it easier to separate the magnets.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, dak said:

I like the posts here but I can not see any pictures or the video.

Hey fellow Trooper! The  reason the  pictures are not view-able anymore is because the site they were stored on before they were posted here started charging people to use their site. So now the photos can't be seen. I made a tutorial very similar to this one with new photos so people could see the magnet method. Here is a link to it as well as my build thread. :tkbig:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42342-howto-using-magnets-suit-up-with-less-hassle/

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/42293-jaybens-anovos-first-order-painting-and-magnetvelcro-strapping/

Edited by Jayben Kenobi
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...