Which voice amp???

over the last few days i've been looking @ voice amps / changers, but still undecided which one is better of for me. I know that every one goes on about the rom fx set but every time i look @ there webby there either a long list of orders in front or there just always outta stock i.e: waiting for boards. I like the look of the trik toys set up up for $119.00 / £60 think it covers everything that i need, but dont get no responce from seller would like to know if it has auto staic burst instead of blowing into the mic. Then on the other hand you have the skull works set up which looks real sweet nice set up including fan's and also using the trik toys set up but i think its the cheeper one??? but cant say for sure untill i can find out more info from them.

so........... at the mo, got a bit of doe sitting in the ole pay pal account ready to be spent on a set up so any advice would be greatfull xspecailly if eric(trik toys as i know hes on the fourms) wants to or any other of the makers wanna help me decide.

btw i need a full set up mic, amp, speakers, u know the works. As i dunno what i need for my first set up. :huh:

Heya Mark,

It would be helpful to know a little more about your selection criteria, e.g.

* Most important to me

* Least important to me

which could help narrow this down. Else are you just looking for reviews?

over the last few days i've been looking @ voice amps / changers, but still undecided which one is better of for me. I know that every one goes on about the rom fx set but every time i look @ there webby there either a long list of orders in front or there just always outta stock i.e: waiting for boards. I like the look of the trik toys set up up for $119.00 / £60 think it covers everything that i need, but dont get no responce from seller would like to know if it has auto staic burst instead of blowing into the mic. Then on the other hand you have the skull works set up which looks real sweet nice set up including fan's and also using the trik toys set up but i think its the cheeper one??? but cant say for sure untill i can find out more info from them.

so........... at the mo, got a bit of doe sitting in the ole pay pal account ready to be spent on a set up so any advice would be greatfull xspecailly if eric(trik toys as i know hes on the fourms) wants to or any other of the makers wanna help me decide.

btw i need a full set up mic, amp, speakers, u know the works. As i dunno what i need for my first set up. :huh:

Well RomFX or the Hyperdyne are very very nice but they are EXPENSIVE. Too expensive for my taste personally.

I don't know about that setup Triktoys has and I'm sure from your hesitance that the wording on their item description sends up red flags for you like it does for me. They do have an actual static burst & sound module that seems pretty nice for the money, but its currently out of stock and being upgraded according to threads I've seen here on these forums.

From what I've seen, Skullworx does not have a static burst module but you can usually get that to work with a separate module.

I've got the Trik Toys static burst module. You'll need a separate amp for it and a powered mic. PM me and I'll send you links to what I used. I'm at work and I don't have the brands. Played with it last night and works like a charm. There are three settings, and all work as advertised. Nice compact board and runs off a 9v. I'm going to post pics once I have my sound system setup, still working on my helmet (paint).

I would have prefered a click sound, but the static burst sounds good as well.

My 2 cents.

DD.

agree fully with you about rom fx being far to expensive for what it offers. i think that the trik toys version doesn't have a static burst function in the kit i thinkit needs to be bought as a seprate board. but i would like some reviews on ppl think or if they have somthing differnt they can sugeust. if not i think depending on money i'll have to get either the------set and then buy the-------module seperate. or buy the ------ unit and then buy the static burst separate. but if trik toys are bringing out a new version i may wait n see.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

RomFx may be the most expensive, but to be honest guys I think it's by far the best sounding unit I've ever heard in person. I think it's because it's fully digital and all the others (IIRC) are analog.

RomFx may be the most expensive, but to be honest guys I think it's by far the best sounding unit I've ever heard in person. I think it's because it's fully digital and all the others (IIRC) are analog.

any one selling :)

I say build your own. My take on the static burst...there isnt a board out there that replicates the movies. I blow into my mic when I want the static. They dont use a static bust in the movies. All they do is click. ALL THAT BEING SAID the triktoys board has some really nice features.

I say build your own. My take on the static burst...there isnt a board out there that replicates the movies. I blow into my mic when I want the static. They dont use a static bust in the movies. All they do is click. ALL THAT BEING SAID the triktoys board has some really nice features.

I actually went back and watched the movies again, and I was thinking the same thing; I never heard a static burst. It was just a click you heard. Sometimes before and after, but never any particular static.

I have 2 out of three. I do own a Hyperdyne board for my GB props.

The TT is good. I wont be mounting it in the helmet though, Ill be attaching it to the body suit. The helmet will only contain the mic.

The Skullworks is good as well, but for me It croweded up the helmet to much, but worked as advertised. Of the two, if i had to choose, the TT does more, but is harder to rig. The SW is self contained.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Seraph0000 said:
I haven't seen much on here about the voice core system... Anybody use that? I don't know a lot about the different voice amps, but I liked the SD card feature in the voice core system.

I'm hearing good things about this on the Pathfinders Forum.

Heres a link if you want to check it out.

------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

don't use any of those, go with a wal-mart voice changer and micro speakers. cheap, and gets the job done. FEEDBACKLESS, and SELF-CONTAINED!

that's what i did...

the fans are also running... you can hear them....

I did this, works fine for me. And the Walmart voice changer is only $5.88. The only downside is no volume control, but at that price, you really can't complain. You can use the existing speaker, or connect it to aerator speakers.

I've been looking at voice core on their website... Do you know if you can change the config to play a click sound instead of a static burst?

i am a TD and was wondering if this would come up.......in the future i might go clean and was thinking that it would be easy""maybe "" to do that option in the romfx>>>i am a proud owner of one and i think its worth the $ you pay for>>>>> hence forth,,i would not doubt that option will be around in the future..

cheers

dan

I've been looking at voice core on their website... Do you know if you can change the config to play a click sound instead of a static burst?

Well, you can configure your soundcard by using a SD card reader. The file opens in ordinary Notepad, and is supposedly easy to change settings and stuff on (since I don't have a reader yet, I haven't tested it).

There's also downloads available at their website.

One cool aspect about it's static burst, is that the noise is made up from 8 different noises. so it plays just a bit different every time. This can also be tuned in the file (together with sensitivity, and how long after you stop talking before the burst).