Blue tape for assembly - why.?

Hi all - newbie from the UK here. If this is a really dumb question I apologies in advance but can anyone tell me why in almost all of the photos of kit assembly projects.. nearly everyone seems to be using blue masking tape to hold things together (along with magnets and clamps which I understand) even though they are not spray painting.?? Why the blue stuff and not the normal cream coloured masking tape.? Is it simply "because that what I have to hand" or am I missing something more technical that this?

Cheers

T

• Like 1

I had no idea either. Here in Australia the blue stuff is the expensive painters stuff. Standard cream coloured tape worked fine for me. It's all I ever use for any of my builds (unless using it to mask paint, then it's rubbish).

However, if cost isn't a worry for you go for it.

Painters tape, blue or white leaves very little residue. Some armor requires painting so recommending everyone use the same thing is best practice to avoid possible issues.

• Like 1

Painters tape, blue or white leaves very little residue. Some armor requires painting so recommending everyone use the same thing is best practice to avoid possible issues.

Thanks guys and thanks Tony - just going through your ANOVOS TK build thread as we speak with a fine tooth comb in readiness for tomorrow.