Using Anovos kit for Incinerator

Hey all,

I have an Anovos kit en route and wanted to do something different with it since I already have an RS ANH Stunt that I am very happy with. I'm looking to do some minor modifications to build an Incinerator trooper, but wondering if I would be able to get basic approval because of a few little problems that I am going to face.

Here's the basic game plan:

1. Leave the ANH style belt with three rivit caps, which isn't accurate but seems to be present in some approved Incinerators. 

2. Remove holster and add the four rivits on each side of belt

3. Not sure how comfortable I am with the overlap construction and am just looking for basic approval so I'm considering sticking with cover strips, which I've also seen in some approved Incinerators

4. Adding door trim

5. Connecting butt and kidney plate, possibly with plasticweld epoxy

Major concerns: 

1. Bicep armor of Anovos kit is not the same as ROTJ

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I got my PVC U-trim from GreatLakesSkipper.com.

----------

Cover strips appear to be acceptable for EIB, so you're good there. Remember to glue your ab button panel upside down, like the ROTJ armor. I assembled ATA, CAP-W, and MonCal armor pieces with overlaps no problem, but I haven't seen an Anovos kit in person so I can't speak for that.

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

Yay! Another Incinerator.

I can't really comment on your points but would offer the following advice when joining the butt and kidney plate: rather than just glue them together, use some strips of ABS on the inside to bridge the two sections as they may be under a lot of stress. Also, as directed by my armourer - I filled the seam  with some acrylic paste I made. I would be interested to see the Plasma Rifle you are planning too ;)

Larry

I got my PVC U-trim from GreatLakesSkipper.com.

http://greatlakesskipper.com/four-winns-033-0890-white-3-16-inch-channel-pvc-boat-edge-trim-u-molding-10-ft

Cover strips appear to be acceptable for EIB, so you're good there. Remember to glue your ab button panel upside down, like the ROTJ armor. I assembled ATA, CAP-W, and MonCal armor pieces with overlaps no problem, but I haven't seen an Anovos kit in person so I can't speak for that.

I ordered mine from here: http://www.customautotrim.com/body-side-moldings/door-edge-molding/mdgde-u/103/

Hopefully it's the right stuff. I ordered a surplus, but for curiosity's sake, how many feet am I going to end up needing?

Yay! Another Incinerator.

I can't really comment on your points but would offer the following advice when joining the butt and kidney plate: rather than just glue them together, use some strips of ABS on the inside to bridge the two sections as they may be under a lot of stress. Also, as directed by my armourer - I filled the seam  with some acrylic paste I made. I would be interested to see the Plasma Rifle you are planning too ;)

Larry

I was planning to do exactly that on the inside, and considering using some plastic epoxy that fills gaps really well and dries super hard (which is good for structure, bad when you have to sand it down).

The plasma rifle is my major speed bump. Hoping for responses from some folks that I saw around the boards that have made some nice ones in the past since I think that project is way outside my skill level. I'm just terrified to see the price tag on commissioning something like that. lol

The plasma rifle is my major speed bump. Hoping for responses from some folks that I saw around the boards that have made some nice ones in the past since I think that project is way outside my skill level. I'm just terrified to see the price tag on commissioning something like that. lol

If you can trim and glue armour, you can probably make a Plasma rifle. Give it a try - it doesn't have to be expensive - just use your imagination and be creative. I based mine on a toy rifle from Amazon and added some plastic downpipe. A few other plastic strips, some tubing and a plastic water bottle and hey presto! Coastwise it was about $40-50 with paint.

• Like 1

I'm watching this thread, too.  How are the biceps in the Anovos kit different from what is needed?  Is it the indentation on the back of the right side?

The CRL doesn't show it, but from my understanding the ROTJ biceps are two different shapes and I think they have a different indent on the inside of both. Someone please jump in and correct me if I'm wrong.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you can trim and glue armour, you can probably make a Plasma rifle. Give it a try - it doesn't have to be expensive - just use your imagination and be creative. I based mine on a toy rifle from Amazon and added some plastic downpipe. A few other plastic strips, some tubing and a plastic water bottle and hey presto! Coastwise it was about $40-50 with paint.

He's right, I made mine as well and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, still a pain, but doable. I based mine off the T-21 because I liked how much thinner it is compared to the game. I used a lot of the parts I had lying around so in the end it cost me less than $50.

Your build's looking good by the way

He's right, I made mine as well and it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be, still a pain, but doable. I based mine off the T-21 because I liked how much thinner it is compared to the game. I used a lot of the parts I had lying around so in the end it cost me less than $50.

Your build's looking good by the way

Do you have pics of the results of your flamethrower build?

Do you have pics of the results of your flamethrower build?

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32403-my-plasma-rifle-build-0/

I used an air soft gun for the base and just kept adding till I got the look I wanted.