Correct S-trim for my Anovos Helmet

cm325i

The takeaway here is that the Anovos s-trim is as good as it gets regardless of what's in the Centurion approval posts. Carry on...

Edited by cm325i
  • Like 2

That's cool info, but based on the CRL I don't think the neck trim should need to be replaced on the ANOVOS for Centurion.  

The CRL says:

Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.

The ANOVOS trim is most certainly an S-Type profile rather than a U-Type.   The stuff you ordered is probably more accurate, but that doesn't mean its required for Centurion.  Until there is some official announcement about the ANOVOS S-Trim being insufficient for Centurion, I'd hesitate to buy new trim.

That's cool info, but based on the CRL I don't think the neck trim should need to be replaced on the ANOVOS for Centurion.  

The CRL says:

Neck trim shall be of an s-type profile rather than a u-type profile.

The ANOVOS trim is most certainly an S-Type profile rather than a U-Type.   The stuff you ordered is probably more accurate, but that doesn't mean its required for Centurion.  Until there is some official announcement about the ANOVOS S-Trim being insufficient for Centurion, I'd hesitate to buy new trim.

While it is true that no official announcement has been made, I know that the "rounded" s-trim is approved without a doubt. That and this optional source is $2 a foot causes me zero hesitation to buying new trim. I will edit my original post accordingly.

• Like 1

It's definitely a cheap upgrade that I may do myself. I'm just trying to prevent confusion over what's absolutely needed right now.

I agree with you man and have edited my post to be very clear that this modification is a personal preference. All good now.

Paul? Do you have know US source for more accurate trim?

Can I assume your s trim is accurate? I can go take a photo of it if it is.

-Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stop hiding this post! LOL

Ok... so Paul's comment wasn't exactly helpful. So if the rounded one that everyone uses is wrong... what is right? Pointing out a failure without suggesting the right way to do it is just nitpicking. 

Also... we have tons of Centurions already approved with the that very s-trim that no one will ever see. No fan is every going to come up and say "Dude your s-trim is weird looking!"

My issue with the anovos s-trim is that I think it is too wide seeming. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Here TM/Paul's S-trim that we're going to assume is accurate because he's Paul:

-----------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 2

Stop hiding this post! LOL

Ok... so Paul's comment wasn't exactly helpful. So if the rounded one that everyone uses is wrong... what is right? Pointing out a failure without suggesting the right way to do it is just nitpicking. 

-Eric

Not helpful?

I pointed out that the Anovos trim is the more accurate of the bunch. The OP was talking about replacing it with something less accurate.

And no, my trim is not the most accurate, but it is close. I would say the Anovos is better in shape than mine. The original trim is a square shaped 'S' profile and has no rounded edges, but feel free to use whichever you want :)

• Like 2

Not sure what that link is supposed to show?

I have a rubbing of neck trim off an original helmet and my old trim was a perfect match. I still have a short piece of this trim but it is no longer produced, so I get the closest trim possible. I could get a roll made that is a perfect match to the original trim but it would be costly.

Paul is right and we're all wrong... why is this thread still here... just delete it already,

Because maybe it will help someone along the way. We don't delete threads on FISD. It just isn't done. 

Look now people can see the difference between TM, Anovos and ATA's s-trim! See some good came out of it the silliness. 

-Eric

So the standard "U" brow trim can be used for the neck and visually look more accurate than the rounded "S " trim people have be using since

the square shape "S" and "U" are visually the same when installed,  that's means the "U" should also be centurion approved, actually more so

than the rounded "S" which is wrong.

Edited by ABS80