KMan's Anovos TK Adventure Build

kman

That's good to hear that it held up well. It is floppy, I somehow thought it would be a little stiffer. I strategically velcroed mine in along the back so now it is secure, and using the depressing the switches doesn't shift or jiggle the fans. Securing it (to me) is the only way to go, but with it back against the curvature of the helmet the fans aren't able to *quite* sit as low as I'd have liked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Tagging for later reference. Helping a friend with his build and need to shim the kidney plate.

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.  And please be sure to note that I built two sets of shims... I wasn't happy with my first attempt (although more detail on material selection is in those posts).  Both methods are detailed in the thread.  And navigation links to each are in the first post. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Just read your thread, thanks for all the detail!

I have that exact 3d printer, what settings are you using to make the prints that nice? I'm jealous :)

Also I use a 12v rechargeable battery pack for my vader, here is a link if you are interested in trying it. I have it powering 3 fans and a Rom/fx Revo and it's worked for me for over 3 hours, another vader did a test and the battery life for just the 3 fans was over 12 hours. Here is an amazon link https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RQW5WG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

Hey Caleb!  Do you mean the 3D E11 power cylinders?  Those were pretty simple.  I think I used mostly the defaults, printed at .1 resolution, and cleaned it up with sanding after.  You can do fairly well with just that.  One of these days I'll get it really dialed in, because I know these printers are capable of more.

Tempting idea, on that 12v power pack.  Perhaps if I can find something smaller.  That's a lot bigger than the packs I'm using now, and would unbalance my helmet a bit.

Edited by kman
  • Like 1

Mine goes on my belt with Vader and I have a connector for when I take my helmet off. It actually isn't too big, not much bigger than a pack of cards, I can show you in June sometime after I get home.

Edit: I hate automiscorrect... 

Edited by ticopowell
  • Like 1