Question for the experts. Anovos replacement bucket

I've been an FISD member for many years and finally pulled the plug with the Anovos sale. I've read all of the armor threads.<br><br>

In your opinion......<br><br>

If the Anovos crowd wanted a better bucket what is the best option? Now I'm not looking for a which bucket is better than discussion. My question pertains to matching a bucket specifically to the Anovos armor. I saw one review where the armor color was not a brilliant white compared to another maker.<br><br>

I'm looking for answers from our experienced builders that can compare armor.<br><br>

Some of my reasons for seeking an upgrade are:<br><br>

The very thin material used on the faceplate.<br>

Wanting the hero helmet.<br>

Better frown.<br>

Being able to start with a better base to avoid switching things like hovi, ears, frown, stripping and repainting tube stripes or decals that were misaligned on the Anovos.<br><br>

Your experience is much appreciated.

If you want a Hero helmet, a TM Hero is your best option.

Otherwise, if matching the color of the Anovos plastic is your primary consideration, then you'll have to take some scrap plastic trimmed from your kit and do an in-person side-by-side comparison with various lids in order to be certain.

The good news is that the screen-used lids (with the exception of the Hero lids) were formed with khaki-colored plastic then painted white. So they weren't a perfect color match, either.

It would start with what problem are you trying to solve? Most things are easy to address with the current helmet, but if you want a Hero def go to TM.

I've been a Legion member for years. Although I've read, researched and dreamed of being a TK for years, I'm still new to armor. I'd read that the helmet armor was too thin and noticed that the faceplate was very thin and easily flexed. One big concern was longevity with trooping. <br><br>

The others were just the issues previously mentioned.<br><br>

I'm holding off doing any modding or even trimming until a few of the seasoned guys have done theirs so I can have a good knowledge base with the Anovos armor before starting mine. I don't want to screw anything up.<br><br>

My initial thought, if the helmet was that bad, was to sell it on eBay then use the funds to pick up a more quality helmet. <br><br>

You guys know best, so I'm open to options.

Out of the box- the anovos helmets looks pretty good sitting next to my TM when comparing just the general shape---that being said, the sloppiness of the build when compared to the excellent care Paul takes to assemble your helmet (if you buy assembled) is very obvious. But a couple days worth of little mods should make the anovos perfectly fine- I have 2 anovos, a TM, and a VT helmet and sitting side by side they all look pretty damn similar. The amovos helmet plastic doesnt really feel much thinner than my other lids, but somehow the plastic feels just a little... cheaper? But I cant quite put my finger on it.  I may do the plastidip route like a lot of people even though Ive never worked with the stuff.  In terms of matching plastic - I'd say my 1.5mm TM lid is a little creamier in color (just like the ones used on screen) but I can't be too sure since my TM is weathered as a sandy.... but if i remember back I do recall it was a nice off-white.

Thanks for the comparison Brandon. Not ever owning armor, and just seeing it while I do RL combined events with my local Garrison, I had nothing to compare it to. It's looking like I might just follow ukswath's tutorial and mod it up a bit.<br><br>

Thanks to all that responded.