Sign in to follow this  
SLR

Hello from the Bluegrass State

Hello, I am new to the forum and hobby.

I have always wanted my very own Stormtrooper armor for as long as I can remember.  After taking my son to see The Force Awakens, at about the same age I was when I saw ANH, it's time to pull the trigger.

Feeling very fortunate to have found such a good resource related to the topic in this forum... I can't image tackling this effort in the days prior to the internet.

I do have a bit of a newbiee question.  Can the ANOVOS Classic Trilogy Imperial Stormtrooper armor be completed and fitted to be 501 complainant?  Are there any egregious problems inherent to this armor and helmet that would preclude someone new from completing the kit in such a way as to pass 501st requirements or level 2 approval?

Sorry if the question is too vague, but just want to ensure that $ spent is wise and not wasted.

Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

From a fellow Kentuckian, welcome!

Lots of folks are building the Anovos armor towards the highest levels of certification. Look around the boards a bit and check in on the builds - I don't think anyone has found any insurmountable issues!

I'm personally following http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-12closely.

Welcome to FISD! The Anovos kit can absolutely be made to 501st standards, just make sure you read through other build threads, in particular Ukswrath's thread.

Welcome Stephen!  Not sure what part of KY. you are in, but you should check out the MidSouth Garrison's site, http://midsouthgarrison.com/.  They can be a great help to you, and perhaps you can attend one of their troops and get to know some of the fine folks there.  

You will be fine building the Anovos kit...  I worked on several this last weekend, and they are pretty easy to trim.  They come with a Velcro/elastic strapping system, but you might want to think seriously about using the snap/nylon system instead, as Velcro can fail after a lot of use.

There is obviously a lot of research to be done, but like Scott said, there are a LOT of build threads for the Anovos armor, and no reason at all you can't shoot for EIB and Centurion right out of the box.  If there's anything you can't seem to find in your research, you are most welcome (and encouraged) to ask questions!  GO BIG BLUE!  :D

Hello and welcome to the FISD!  :trooper:

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome!!!

JustJoesph63, I am hoping to also meet some of the folks from the Mid-South garrison at the up coming con in Lexington... looking forward to learning as much as I can. Thanks again!

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

From a fellow Kentuckian, welcome!

Lots of folks are building the Anovos armor towards the highest levels of certification. Look around the boards a bit and check in on the builds - I don't think anyone has found any insurmountable issues!

I'm personally following http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/35086-ukswraths-anovos-tk-build/page-12closely.

Travis, thank you for the link... I contacted Anovos on Tuesday and they advised that they had "limited availability"... placed an order yesterday! As I understand they aren't to keen on providing tracking numbers or ship notice... so I hope one day sooner, rather than later, I get a visit from the FedEx delivery driver!

Are you planning to attend the Lexington comic con? I was really impressed with the SW displays there last year.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk