Elastic for shoulder straps (Freebie)

Hi folks. I was perusing the confectionary aisle in a supermarket this evening and came across an empty box of Cadbury's Dairy Milk. It DID contain 200g bars. More interestingly, it also contained an ingenius little device that keeps the chocolate bars pushed to the front of the display box. This was made up of a corrugated cardboard thingy and a single (verrry strong) band, which provides the mechanism, i'd assume.

Anyway, I took some of the bands, after clearing it with the lady who was tidying the aisle.
Now, it may be the case that the elastic for holding together shoulder straps should be white? OK, then this is no use, as it is semi translucent, but it's a perfect fit:
pmA0n8m.jpg

If you're going for Centurion, according to the CRL

For level three certification (if applicable):

• These shall free float in back.
  • These shall be glued in front.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

I can send you some of the correct white elastic if you like, Mark, (no charge). If interested, just PM me.

Hey, thanks Joseph, that's very kind of you! If I was going for Centurion, i'd take up your generous offer :D but not planning on it, for the moment, at least. Thanks anyway, really appreciate it :)

But just thinking about it, these little things might be handy in the workshop for a variety of things :)

Edited by humperdingle

You can buy the correct kind of elastic by the yard for a dollar or so. Not reason not to do it properly.

Yes, thanks, i've now given up on the idea. Boring conversation anyway :P:D