doopydoos kit

kevin926

I have a doopydoos pipe detail kit on the way. I have been reading and seen his full kits come with a few items not shown on the website and I was wondering if anything else comes with the detail kit. Their info is very limited an I'm sure I'm not the first to buy this kit. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Edited by kevin926

Depending on what level of accuracy you are going for, I would highly suggest T-Jay's completion set.  It really adds the finishing touches that will make your blaster look incredible!  The thread can be found here: 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/28444-fs-completion-sets-for-e-11-kits-like-doopydoo%E2%80%99s-full-resin-kit-incl-worldwide-shipping-and-paypal/

• Like 1

That is a nice set up. Truth is I have 90% of those parts on my bench. I'm building a real r2 d2 so those parts are also needed. I will ask if I could buy the glass for the scope however. That's a real nice set up. And I am a detail fanatic and sorry if I'm driving you guys nuts, I'm just excited to make this blaster. Hands down my favorite blaster from star wars with a close 2nd being the dl44<br>

I'm more of a ANH replicator myself.all my props will be finished anh style.

If you are just looking for the lenses, Kevin, you can use one of these:  ----------I got the idea from Tim (Dark CMF) and used it on my first build.  It has one small and one large lens, and they fit great!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

So it begins. I will make 2 of these, one for me and one for my son. Like mentioned above, I have the pipe detail kit on the way so my plan is to replicate the detail pieces as best as I can with wood and styrene if possible. His will be less detailed like the esb version and mine will be full blown anh. I have the pvc with template glued on and I'm practicing on his first. Also because my kit isn't in hand, I plan NOT to cut the magazing or handle yet just to make sure they fit.

Ok, how do I post pictures? I have alot of shop tools, bench sander and drill press, bench grinder,router table so they really help and speed up my cuts. Finished my pvc cuts with the exception of the handle and magazine. Used a file to make the flat area at the bayonet. Used my cutting wheel on the dremel as well. Now I'm on to the next one. Once I figure out how to post pictures I will share. What a fun project.

post-27492-0-58821800-1455411484_thumb.jpg

post-27492-0-45451700-1455411506_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevin926

ok, needed to shrink my pictures however I took all my progress pictures with my tablet and I need to figure out how to make them fit so I had to use my phone take  these. (really need to buy another lap top)

Anyway, time for my first question during my build. In the bottom picture you will see I havent cut the holes because the template stated, if using a resin stock, dont cut. Is this because the stock hides them or it is going to cause issues if I cut them. I do plan on cutting the holes out in the resin stock if that helps with an answer. Thanks in advance, Kevin

Some goodies arrived today. Also bought some styrene angle strips that I posted a thread on. Funny, I ordered my detail kit a week before I ordered my counter and scope. The scope is here but not the kit.I guess thats while we call it WIP. I really like the resin, this is my first time with it, and my power cylinders by themainthesuitcase from shape ways look really nice. They are thin on the bottom so I need to be careful.post-27492-0-80919300-1455659510_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevin926
  • Like 1