Classic strapping system vs snaps opinion

It's all a matter of choice, Phil...  both have their advantages.  It won't affect your submission for basic, EIB, or Centurion, it just depends how accurate you want to get.  I personally like the snap system, as I can break down my armor to easily stack in my bin.  Perhaps someone with the classic system can elaborate on how they like theirs.

Well I use the classic method but that is just because I wanted it to be as screen accurate as possible. I haven't had any problems with it and I like how it holds up. But I haven't worn an armor with the snap method so I cannot compare the two. I do like the idea of the snap method because you would be able to break everything down into pieces.

Looks like the classic method would be a more simple process which might be a better route for me since I'm new at this. Plus I already have my brackets made.

Although the snaps look more secure. Ugh!!! It's so hard to commit and my big brown box arrives tomorrow. Not that I'm rushing the process but I would like to have a method decided on before I start.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If you use loctite on the screws and nuts, the original strapping will be more secure ;) <br>

Snaps are easier to disassemble, original strapping needs a bigger trooper box.<br>

I will go the more accurate way with my new armor kit, since I already have a trooper box that is big enough. My old armor was kind of snaps/custom strapping.

I would recommend elastic (not webbing) and snaps every time over the original strapping. Especially if you have a body type of anything other than the guys who originally wore the armor. 

-Eric

• Like 2