Is this suitable for an under suit?

I spotted a under suit today in Aldi as Im a bit dubious about what the quality of the under suit from anovos will be like.

The yellow lines could surely be covered up  by dyeing or a black marker.

Could be handy as a back up either way.

Any thoughts or has anyone seen or bought these before?

---------

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed

The yellow markings make it a no-go. You say you can use a marker to cover them up - I've tried that route on a different undersuit. As soon as I started sweating, the ink from the marker washed right out and onto my armor. Tried it both with a permanent marker (Sharpie) and with a fabric pen - results were the same.

• Like 1

The yellow markings make it a no-go. You say you can use a marker to cover them up - I've tried that route on a different undersuit. As soon as I started sweating, the ink from the marker washed right out and onto my armor. Tried it both with a permanent marker (Sharpie) and with a fabric pen - results were the same.

Thanks for the quick reply Brian :duim: 

I was actually going to buy this tomorrow but after what you said I think I will give this one a miss for now and just wait and see what the anovos one is like.

Of its 100% cotton you can dye it. If it's poly nylon etc you need expensive acid based dyes...and just buy a good suit. The suits important. It regulates your heat, prevents suit chaffing...just buy something decent without piping.

Of its 100% cotton you can dye it. If it's poly nylon etc you need expensive acid based dyes...and just buy a good suit. The suits important. It regulates your heat, prevents suit chaffing...just buy something decent without piping.

Search the forums for an under suit that's approved and reasonably priced. I bought mine on Amazon for around $30 all together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice guys  :duim:

welshchris77 - do you already have a 501st ID number? If so, go to clone trooper forum , sign up, request 50st access, go to the 501st Sales section. There is an awesome undersuit for sale:

--------

I don't know if it's sold anywhere else, too. The guy who sells them is "Barricade" on the clone detachment. costs are 20$ per shirt and per pants.

If you don't have a 501st ID number, go and get approved with the Anovos stuff, then buy this awesome suit :D

Edited by gmrhodes13
link not working removed
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2016 at 10:12 PM, Ripper_L said:

welshchris77 - do you already have a 501st ID number? If so, go to clone trooper forum , sign up, request 50st access, go to the 501st Sales section. There is an awesome undersuit for sale:

I don't know if it's sold anywhere else, too. The guy who sells them is "Barricade" on the clone detachment. costs are 20$ per shirt and per pants.

If you don't have a 501st ID number, go and get approved with the Anovos stuff, then buy this awesome suit :D

Ripper: Those undersuits are awesome (I want some, too!), but unfortunately, sold out. The OP has not indicated if he will do another run or not. Lots of people have expressed interest! (myself included)

Barricade posted the same sale is posted here on FISD as well, so no need to register elsewhere:

FS: Imperial Cog under-suit (shirt/pants)

For what it's worth, I took a gamble on these, from Amazon, and I'm pleased to report they should do nicely. And super cheap!

Men's Thermal Set, Lightweight Ultra Soft Fleece Shirt and Pants

• Like 1

Just got my soft parts together

1. Nomex Flight Gloves

2. Pencap510 garter system

3. Underarmour but with 501st cog top (hope it's acceptable as I imagine it's what they'd really wear lol)

4. Anovos neckseal (but Darman upgrade coming)

2a2a32380024cf5206852ef388681b7f.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...