E6000 instead of ABS glue for Snap Placement?

Pictures are already coming in to the FB Anovos Stormtrooper Kit Building group with the snap plates being adhered with ABS paste, and since the material is a bit thin on these Anovos kits, the plates are poking through to the other side.

I'm not risking it and plan to use E6000 for the snap plates placements. Will that work relatively well in lieu of the ABS paste/glue?

Edited by meekerscott

Yes it will. Since I don't know if you are using plastic or webbing for your snap plates, you can also use CA glue if you are using webbing to make your snap plates. Then top it off with a little E6k.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm trying to go all snaps and using plastic plates for the snap placement. I may use the nylon webbing for the placements under the shoulder straps, as I've seen it in one of the many tutorials. I'm a total noob with this and being extra cautious.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

if you're a total noob, don't listen to advise given in a build group that is also full of complete noobs. Read the threads here instead. We've been doing this for almost 10 years now.

Otherwise, you're just letting the blind lead the blind. ;)

• Like 3

if you're a total noob, don't listen to advise given in a build group that is also full of complete noobs. Read the threads here instead. We've been doing this for almost 10 years now.

Amen!

Wise words said by Mathias!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

When I use snap plates, I make them out of nylon and adhere them with E6000. Why nylon? Because unlike plastic snap plates, it forms itself to the shape of the armor - thus creating a complete seal w no gaps. Provided you keep them clamped down them while the glue is curing and wait the proper 24+ hour cure time, E6000 holds them down nice and tight. Plus there is no risk of chemically melting the plastic as there is with ABS cement.

Kudos go to Eric (Darth Aloha) for inventing that technique years ago with his RT Mod build. :)

• Like 2

The place is definitely full of noobs, but there are also a few of us vets on there doing our best to steer them in the right direction (and save them from themselves) and while doing so, bring them over here as new members. :)

• Like 2

The place is definitely full of noobs, but there are also a few of us vets on there doing our best to steer them in the right direction (and save them from themselves) and while doing so, bring them over here as new members. :)

Sure, but as a noob, how would you know good advise from bad? It's not like you have a medal of TK building stuck to your facebook profile in that group. At least here, you do.

When I use snap plates, I make them out of nylon and adhere them with E6000. Why nylon? Because unlike plastic snap plates, it forms itself to the shape of the armor - thus creating a complete seal w no gaps. Provided you keep them clamped down them while the glue is curing and wait the proper 24+ hour cure time, E6000 holds them down nice and tight. Plus there is no risk of chemically melting the plastic as there is with ABS cement.

Kudos go to Eric (Darth Aloha) for inventing that technique years ago with his RT Mod build. :)

I will go the route of snap-plates made from webbing (as sold by one of the veterans here) because I feel the fact that they're flexible will help them adhere better to the armor if clamped down proberly. I can't imagine ABS plates work well because of the bulge from the back of the snap. Am I on the right track?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

...and that's why I'm here.  :)

• Like 1

If you are a first time builder you should never use anything but e6000 cause you will make mistakes. It might not seem like a issue on snap plates and it can take a day to dry but until you've worn your armor out you don't know how those straps will hold up. They may be in a high stress position and that will make them pop off. <br><br>

Its not a race, all the Anvos first time builders need to slow down.

• Like 1

Where do you get the nylon? Do you mean nylon webbing, or sheet nylon?