What do you do for a living?

Guest DavetheDane

Guest TK-2416

Hi!

I am a proud member of the Nordic Garrison and on one of the threads people were stating what their job is. I think it was very interesting to see the diversity we have in this group of fellow troopers with great passion for the Empire and the charity work.. We counted all different jobs like paramedics, Software engineers, teachers, consultants and so on...

Don't know if the same has been done on this site - didnt find the thread however.. Saw one regarding other hobbies..

Dont know if this is allowed or good FISD policy (or should be 501st only) - but I think it is quite interesting to see and learn.. I think this is a hobby/passion which brings people together regardless of sex, country, job, age and so on - and thats what makes it so fascinating being a part of!

I will be happy to start of, but let me know if I am wrong to ask.. would hate to create a lot of noise.. this is more my interest in getting to know more about my fellow troopers!

If this has already been posted then I am sorry to waste your time - then please let me know the thread :D

move along.. move along...

Well lets see I graduated from University of Michigan with a degree in electrical engineering and I am a plant manger for a company called Morgan Olson..we build fed ex and UPS trucks and also are the only company that makes the white postal truck. At one time we were owned by Northrop and I helped design the b2 flying wing bomber

Guest TK-2416

Sounds really cool!!

I work in a large American advisory firm as chief consultant, within finance and economy - I have a master in finance from Copenhagen Business School - I have around 30 consultants in my team.. We are approx 1.800 in total here in Denmark and in the top 5 internationally. My team knows about my passion and think I am a bit wierd and nerdy, but I really dont care - we all have our passions - and this is not the most expensive one (cars, bikes, wine exceeds our hobby in high amounts!!)..

I am currently a full time studant, attending the University of Maryland. I am studing Spelling and grammar. I suck at it.

:lol:

No...my major is Environmental Management with an Asain studies minor. 2.5 years to go...

I have done alot of things, but mainly Engineering. I am a certified Gas Free and Post fire analist from my last job, the US Navy. Served 8 years as a Machinist and engrave shop supervisor, among other things. I have been well trained in Firefighting and rescue efforts and really wouldnt have a hard time going to into that line of work.

Before that I worked in the Auto industry, painting and mechinic work. I am pretty blue collar and love it.

.....and also are the only company that makes the white postal truck....and I helped design the b2 flying wing bomber

Steve

...now you mention it, the similaritys are uncanny :D

I started out in graphic design and I've done most things from selling ice cream and hot dogs

at music festivals to presenting project proposals to CEO's of a major investment banks.

I'm great with mustard, but the presenting had me running for the bathroom :D

Currently, I'm a house painter and part time house keeping aide at a nursing home, but I've done everything from manufacturer for a gutter-cover company to tailoring for the clothing store Buckle.

Also, I'm currently trying to get back into school. :rolleyes:

Hi, my name's Alain, and I love Star Wars! :)

Seriously, I'm a game programmer, I've been working at Ubisoft Montreal for the past 9 years now. I'm a team lead for the gameplay part of the games, got a small team and I love it!

Among other, I've helped create and start the Splinter Cell license on Xbox, I've done Splinter I and III, then I moved on on another license which we'll be able to talk about in about 2 weeks finally! Ye!

I'm a 'Computer Guy' by trade. Have a Bachelor's in Comp Sci and English, and been the computer industry for about 15 years. After doing a myriad of tech type jobs for small and mid-sized businesses, from database design, to pc and network support, Director of IT to consulting, I finally went on my own last year as a technical consultant. I do hardware, software, networking support, as well as Web site and graphic design. Sort of a one-stop-shop for technology and marketing needs.

I'm on and off in college and have been forever, but no degree. I was in the Navy and worked in Reactor Controls. I helped design the new reactor control system for Nimitz aircraft carriers at Bettis Atomic Labs in PA. I <3 Southside Pitt!

Now I am a maintenance technician in a caulk factory but hope to quit soon and work with my dad doing residential electrical work.

I've got a double major from the University of Michigan in Graphic Design and Interior Architecture. I currently head up the Communications group for a large A/E firm in Southfield Michigan, where I'm responsible for all our graphic communications. Because of my dual role, I have had a strange career in that I've designed both architecture and graphics for over 20 yrs. I also do architectural renderings...kind of a combo of both worlds =)

this kind of stuff:

http://www.aigadesignjobs.org/public/indiv...idual_id=123695

Hi, my name's Alain, and I love Star Wars! :)

Seriously, I'm a game programmer, I've been working at Ubisoft Montreal for the past 9 years now. I'm a team lead for the gameplay part of the games, got a small team and I love it!

Among other, I've helped create and start the Splinter Cell license on Xbox, I've done Splinter I and III, then I moved on on another license which we'll be able to talk about in about 2 weeks finally! Ye!

I love you.

Seriously.

Splinter Cell and Chaos theory are 2 of my favourite games <3

As for me - I'm a full time student. Doing 3d Design (read: interior design with google sketchup thrown in for kicks) right now, but that'll be out of the way soon thank god and I'm hopefully going onto a course in Computer Game Art at Uni :D

Well i work in an art gallery as a picture framer, and i am an artist.... i paint landscapes and put them into limited edition prints.... here are a few i have done... i was thinking of doing a star wars painting,maybe one day when i get the time... rod

I went to university for 9 years and have no degree. :D

I now own my own advertising and design agency... what that means mostly now-a-days is that I get paid to make websites for people. Which is good because I love doing it.

I love this thread idea... I find it really interesting the diversity of people that troop... and the jobs we have are (while not always accurate) a pretty good barometer of that diversity.

I love you.

Seriously.

Splinter Cell and Chaos theory are 2 of my favourite games <3

I'm glad to know you loved them Liz, we worked crazy hours to be able to put these games on the shelves. I think it paid off! :)

got a degree in multimedia design and digital animation, but currently work as a CAD department manager for the north east uk office for a multinational engineering consultant.

and its boring as hell.

I'm glad to know you loved them Liz, we worked crazy hours to be able to put these games on the shelves. I think it paid off! :)

It definitely did :D the Splinter Cell series is one reason I'm getting into game design. Good stuff :)

I'm a space systems engineer full-time, and a U.S. Air Force officer part-time. In my full-time job, I develop satellite operations procedures, ground systems, train satellite ops teams, and sit on console for launch and in-orbit checkout for newly-launched spacecraft. In my Air Force job, I work in the command center for U.S. military space activities.

I think I have the right hobby here. :D

I'm a space systems engineer full-time, and a U.S. Air Force officer part-time. In my full-time job, I develop satellite operations procedures, ground systems, train satellite ops teams, and sit on console for launch and in-orbit checkout for newly-launched spacecraft. In my Air Force job, I work in the command center for U.S. military space activities.

I think I have the right hobby here. :D

No doubt about that! lol... very kewl stuff. You should wear your armor to work. ;)