Humperdingle's E-11 blaster build

humperdingle

Trying to do a scratch-build blaster, sourcing what I can from the garage where possible.<br><br>

Starting with the 40mm waste pipe (The only expense so far at £4 for 3m) , I used the download pdf template to drill the holes. Pilot holes first, then opened-up.<br><br>

I installed a length of steel pipe as a dummy barrel, which adds a good bit of weight. Used slices of beech wood to make 'cups, or sockets', to hold the barrel in place.<br>

Pretty much the rest of the pipe has been filled with the same beech wood (a rolling pin, which was a perfect, tight fit for the pipe).<br><br>

In the process of fabricating the muzzle parts from (yep) more slices of the same wood!<br><br>

Pictures below:

Edited by humperdingle

Thanks, the pointed wood bit for pilot holes made it much easier.

made some more progress - scope rail, leather bonded to handle, which will get shaped and embossed with chequering and a wooden scope (looks weird in the pic but better in real life (honest!).

Wee bit more work on the handle - shaped a 'U' shape at the top, same contour as the 40mm pipe. Still needs to be way rounder.<br>

I'm currently looking for a bit of close mesh to cut to size, so I can emboss the chequering. My pencil pot has exactly the right shape :D but don't really want to butcher it!

F3VDK7b.jpg

On 2/10/2016 at 11:52 PM, humperdingle said:

Wee bit more work on the handle - shaped a 'U' shape at the top, same contour as the 40mm pipe. Still needs to be way rounder.<br>
I'm currently looking for a bit of close mesh to cut to size, so I can emboss the chequering. My pencil pot has exactly the right shape :D but don't really want to butcher it!

Well, that couldn't have worked out much better!

I butchered the mesh pencil pot into two rough sheets. First, I used a washer to imprint the 'free-lock' circle. Then, sandwiched the handle between the two mesh sheets and treated it to a session in the vice...

sBa31Ce.jpg

BtYWU5R.jpgAnd with some black leather dye added, 'FREE - LOCK' embossed. Lettering is a bit big but it's the closest I have.

Handle could still do with some shaping. Always easier to see where, when it's a uniform colour.
  • Like 1

Thanks. This blaster will be displayed in the bin :D Getting a bit fed up with it tbh - Might have to start over. I mean I'll finish it, but probably burn it like Vader. It's looking uglier at every stage :D

On 2/13/2016 at 5:55 PM, humperdingle said:

Thanks. This blaster will be displayed in the bin :D Getting a bit fed up with it tbh - Might have to start over. I mean I'll finish it, but probably burn it like Vader. It's looking uglier at every stage :D

OK, it's finished. Thank the lord. Must admit, it was annoying me :D I really need to learn patience  :blink:

Anyway, a pic for anyone interested. Cost me £1 for the 2ft of pipe and £2 for the T-strips. Everything else was fabricated or shaped from metal/plastic/wood.

Don't zoom into the pic too much  :lol:

Over and out.

8VIBN5P.jpg

I think you did a pretty good job on it. You scratch built it and kept the cost extremely low. Congrats.

Thanks, I appreciate your kind words. If nothing else, I can give it to the little lad up the road. :)