themaninthesuitcase Anovos ANH Stunt Build

Took my pre-approval images this evening, twice as I forgot to attach the holster...

Front:

26096258033_1a780f46db_c.jpg

Back:

26607288672_346a04254f_c.jpg

Left:

26096256393_f506eea320_c.jpg

Left, arm up:

26607289332_3d83e643bd_c.jpg

Right:

26094451094_313e4616b0_c.jpg

Right, arm up:

26094449734_a8568fdeec_c.jpg

Bucket off:

26634234421_495b904cea_c.jpg

Action:

26096242913_6098095e0f_c.jpg

Bonus arty image for FISD only:

26673601686_e5a3d928b1_c.jpg

• Like 2

Congrats!  Looks fantastic!

The ONLY recommendations I can make have to do with fit, no actual cutting or sanding needed:

1) Watch your sniper knee from getting caught under the thigh... some foam in front of the knee and behind the thigh should help with that.

2) Your thighs should be rotated a bit more forward so the cover strips are going down the front of your leg instead of both cocked slightly off to the side.  It's most noticeable in the first shot, and you can see the ammo pack sneaking around the side on the second shot, too... it's partially fixed (on the left leg, but not the right) in the bucket off pic.  What rigging are you using for your thighs?  Might be a simple tweak to better control that, so you don't have to worry about it.

3) Your right shin is closed a little wonky, just something to keep an eye on in the future.

Welcome to the 501st! What's your TK number pick?

• Like 1

All that was the same stuff the UKG armourer pointed out, that and I need to pull my arms down more.

I've picked 4 with my preference being the date I got married and second choice is my birthday but I don't want to jinx it by writing them down here!

• Like 1

Looks like I might be the first cleared UKG Anovos trooper. There was a 2nd person given a pre-approval green light 4 mins after me. Just a case of who gets through the admin first!

• Like 2

Looks like I might be the first cleared UKG Anovos trooper. There was a 2nd person given a pre-approval green light 4 mins after me. Just a case of who gets through the admin first!

....or maybe uses their persuasive powers on the GML in the form of a nice few bottles of cold Heineken B)

Now,...where did I put that review kit?

GMLReviewtoolkit01_zpsa1961449.jpg

:D

• Like 2

....or maybe uses their persuasive powers on the GML in the form of a nice few bottles of cold Heineken B)

Now,...where did I put that review kit?

GMLReviewtoolkit01_zpsa1961449.jpg

:D

I'm sure arrangements can be made, I already owe Ross a pint!
  • Like 1

I am that 2nd person. At the very least I will be the first in Scotland and I am sure there will be plenty more following in your footsteps soon.

Have you made a start on any electronics yet?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am that 2nd person. At the very least I will be the first in Scotland and I am sure there will be plenty more following in your footsteps soon.

Have you made a start on any electronics yet?

I got my clearance through at 15:57 on the way home. Guess that makes it official, just waiting for the Legion level stuff to go thorough for my ID.

I've kind of started. I wrote an IOS app for the voice changing and have an Aker speaker for it. Waiting on a Wireless Trooping Systems mic to come which was dispatched today.

I'll need to sort out some fans too as I was sweating plenty when I took the clearance pictures. I'll probably get some small 5v ones to run off of a USB battery pack.

• Like 1

I've started to look into fans. Seems I can either pay buttons for kit from China and wait or pay between 5-10x for some PC enthusiast grade ones and have them tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the connector is on the fans? Wikipedia seems to suggest Molex KK but the small ones use 2pin which looks different. I could always swap to JST as the pig tails on those are cheap.

I've started to look into fans. Seems I can either pay buttons for kit from China and wait or pay between 5-10x for some PC enthusiast grade ones and have them tomorrow.

Does anyone know what the connector is on the fans? Wikipedia seems to suggest Molex KK but the small ones use 2pin which looks different. I could always swap to JST as the pig tails on those are cheap.

Most fans I've come across in this size range, including those from two different sources that I bought for this project, tend to use JST connectors.  I have a box of them from my Arduino projects, so it wasn't a big deal, but other than eBay I've had a heck of a time finding a good reliable source for them.

I built a little surface mount board with two JST female seats and an inline switch, for the controls on mine.  Having the disconnects makes swapping out components extremely simple, should a fan or battery die on me.

I found this site, not sure if any of them will be useful as my electronic knowledge is limited (that's where my girlfriend comes in) http://www.topqualitytools.co.uk/blowers/?sort=priceasc

I've ordered some 40x40x10mm 5V fans, if those aren't up to the job I'll by some better fans later. I also ordered some latching switches, they are pretty big for dexterity when in gloves/if someone else has to poke a hand in for me. For power I'll get a smaller USB battery pack but for building and testing I've got a few bigger ones. All thats left is to decide which USB cable to sacrifice for the glory of the empire.

I've also just fitted a Trooper Wireless Systems mic into my bucket. Works great, not cheap but love it. It's just velcro'd in which isn't super secure but strong enough. My love hate relationship with Velcro continues.

Doesn't work with my IPhone app yet but a new adapter is on order.

Need to decide how I'll mount the aker or not yet. First troop is booked for the end of May.

Just been reading the EIB specs: Are the soft hand guards needed for EIB or just for centurion?

Looking at the CRL isn't not super clear but the EIB visual checklist makes no mention of them, so I guess I could probably submit EIB?