How long does it take?

Ok so I know it's best to take your time on a build...go slow etc.<br>

That being said, what is an average timeline on most builds? Weeks? Months? <br>

I ask because I am an elementary school teacher and have my 1st AM kit arriving next week. We have lots of cool things going on in our school for May 4th and I would love to suit up for the kids. Just wondering if I have enough time as a newbie.

• Like 1

Don't rush it, you'll make mistakes if it's your first build. 40 hours if it all goes smooth. Trouble is first builds have left turns all over the place. You'll get all your snaps and straps in place and try it on and have to redo connections to fit you better. <br><br>

Do you have all the extra parts those can take a while to collect. Neck Seal, boots , belt, gloves, blaster, and holster.

I have boots and gloves. Gotta get a neck seal and holster /blaster.<br>

Really sort of holding off on the blaster till I get my armor complete. I thought the blaster might be a bit too much to take on. The armor will keep me very busy

I'd say that you should be perfectly fine, Phil. It sounds like you've been doing your research, and have a solid grasp on what lies ahead of you. I received my kit in early/mid-June, publicly wore my armor for the first time on July 20th, and was approved by the Legion on August 2nd. <br><br>

I worked on it for 2-3 hours per night, when I was able to work on it, which was more nights than not during that time.<br><br>

My blaster build was a far more intense project, I worked on that for probably twic as long as the armor, start to finish.<br><br>

Best of luck to you, it sounds like you've got a very good timeline, with a very worthwhile goal in sight! We've got your back!!

• Like 1

Hey Phil. Like what everyone has said so far is I think you will have plenty of time. It all comes down to how much time you can allocate to work on it. Most importantly , have fun while building it!

Hey that was me!!

Lol.

Actually I asked that just before receiving my armour, which I did on the 22nd of February.

I'm not almost done. I'm heading over to a fellow 501st members tonight so we can "hammer" off the snaps. See what I did there? Hahaha.

Anyways. I did mine very quickly but I had a lot of support from my wife and, of course the members here, and was able to put at least 14 hours a week into it or more.

Just do your research, find you references and have them handy and you should be more than done by May; Given you can spend the time at it.

Good luck with the build my friend!

Edited by C0bra_M3nace

Thanks man. I am so nervous but excited at the same time. My problem is that the closest 501st guys are about 1 hr away so it's not like I could just hook up with them anytime. So I am relying on this forum and the TK armor build videos on YouTube (which by the way is awesome) That guy makes it look so easy though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Thanks man. I am so nervous but excited at the same time. My problem is that the closest 501st guys are about 1 hr away so it's not like I could just hook up with them anytime. So I am relying on this forum and the TK armor build videos on YouTube (which by the way is awesome) That guy makes it look so easy though.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Careful though, if you're referring to TK1636. His videos are great but he also shows experienced methods. I don't recommend using CA glue unless you're very comfortable, I would also stray far away from a belt sander lol. I even ditched the Dremmel idea as soon as I touched plastic with it and realized it's no joke.

Just take your time, trim tiny bits at a time and sand.

There are some excellent build threads in here. One of which is basically a step by step tutorial. Just read as much as you can, soak in info and frequent the Expert Infrantry Applications threads. They're full of useful info and tips.

Most of all, don't worry too much. Once you get going all stress starts to alleviate. I recommend starting a build thread though, and just ask as many questions as possibly. There's plenty of helpful hands here to get you finished and ready to rock for May 4th.

Edited by C0bra_M3nace