HyTechToyz voice changer - thoughts?

------------

$80

Comes with voice changer, mic, and speaker

Static bursts are generated by blowing into the mic. 

Youtube video: 

How's this compare to the Akker and Icomm? 

or Rom/FX

(besides price) 

Thanks! 

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I can't vouch for the Akker and Icomm, but I got the HyTech yesterday. And so far, it's quite decent. The digitizer is nice, but there's no volume control. It's simply just a microphone, speaker, the digitizer, and a standard 9v battery. Don't expect too much though. It's fairly quiet. And with no way to control the volume, that could be a setback depending on what you'd like to do with it. If I were to rate it out of 10, I'd give it a 6.

• Like 1

So you need an amp as well? Otherwise it's just 1 amp, if I read the description correctly?<br><br>

I got the Aker MR1505 recently and it's a very solid unit, pretty loud (12w?), and you can use the same technique of blowing into mic to simulate static burst.<br>

Cost £25 on Amazon.

• Like 1

So you need an amp as well? Otherwise it's just 1 amp, if I read the description correctly?<br><br>

I got the Aker MR1505 recently and it's a very solid unit, pretty loud (12w?), and you can use the same technique of blowing into mic to simulate static burst.<br>

Cost £25 on Amazon.

Sounds like the included speaker seems okay but not variable volume vs Aker's 10watt (or 12watt) with variable volume control. 

I do like the "tininess" the modulator makes your voice though. 

Seems like the Akker simply amplifies your voice and the icomm just adds the clicks and bursts at the end. 

Sounds like the included speaker seems okay but not variable volume vs Aker's 10watt (or 12watt) with variable volume control.

I do like the "tininess" the modulator makes your voice though.

Seems like the Akker simply amplifies your voice and the icomm just adds the clicks and bursts at the end.

The Aker does amplify, but in a tinny way :D

• 1 month later...

The same company makes an amplifier with volume control. I bought the full kit with the hovi tip speakers, digitizer, and amplifier. It sounds pretty good once its all installed, although I don't care for the mic that came with mine as I pretty much have to have it in my mouth to pick up. Im hoping to replace it with something better, but the electronics aren't bad. 

The same company makes an amplifier with volume control. I bought the full kit with the hovi tip speakers, digitizer, and amplifier. It sounds pretty good once its all installed, although I don't care for the mic that came with mine as I pretty much have to have it in my mouth to pick up. Im hoping to replace it with something better, but the electronics aren't bad. 

Aker or HyTechToyz?

I just purchased the hovi-tip speakers and amp from them and was sent the voice changer. :( I feel like I got robbed a bit. It's also hard to get a hold of someone anyone there or email or website or phone. Ended up refunding and sending the product back never heard from anyone about the issue. 

Edited by Dekard

• 2 weeks later...

I have this in my bucket, nice stuff just lately i cant keep one of the switches on, not sure if wire is pinched or what... but its been buggy... but when its not being buggy its great especially with the hovi mic tips.