Converting ANOVOS kit to ESB Centurion

Hey guys!  Another Anovos guy here.  In order to toss a bit of TK variety into the ever expanding pool, I thought I'd shoot for an ESB TK!

I've got my kit all trimmed up and I'm ready to get to work!

I'm trying to gather the needed info for everything that will need to be replaced, modded, etc. Thus far I know the following:

1) New hand guards - is there someone who would be best to contact?

2) Black frown  & Chin- Humbrol black satin

3) Decals for helmet - I know the Anovos helmets come with decals that replicate hand painted ones....my question is whether or not they are the right look for ESB?  Are the number of stripes different, etc.?

4) Black bars on ear pieces - One side has 2 and the other has 3 correct?  Which side is which?

4) E-11 differences - no Hengstler or power cells.  Which scope is required for ESB?  Is it also the M38 or is it the more elusive M19?  (It may not look quite as cool as an ANH E-11, but it's less parts and therefore cheaper!)

5) Black Holster - my question on this is whether or not I can mod my Anovos holster to meet Centurion requirements for an ESB holster?

As far as hardware is concerned I managed to purchase an RS Accurate Assembly kit before they sold out!  Thankfully it also comes with a new canvas belt and the accurate rubber gloves, so I'm good there. Anything else?  Thanks for any help you can provide!

• Like 1

1. Troopermaster here on the forums sells IMO the best ESB handguards available. If you aren't able to get a set of those, contact anyone with an AM/NE kit who didn't go ESB with it (myself included). Most of us have them sitting around collecting dust and will gladly sell them to you for cheap.

2. Yes

3. Depending on how "handpainted" the ANOVOS decals look, you may need a new set. Trooperbay sells them.

4. I don't recall a specific side requirement. Looks pretty random to me. http://starwarshelmets.com/original-ESB-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

5. The CRL says either works, but the M19 is preferable.

6. Nope. Get a new holster from one of the vendors here.

• Like 1

1. Troopermaster here on the forums sells IMO the best ESB handguards available. If you aren't able to get a set of those, contact anyone with an AM/NE kit who didn't go ESB with it (myself included). Most of us have them sitting around collecting dust and will gladly sell them to you for cheap.

2. Yes

3. Depending on how "handpainted" the ANOVOS decals look, you may need a new set. Trooperbay sells them.

4. I don't recall a specific side requirement. Looks pretty random to me. http://starwarshelmets.com/original-ESB-stormtrooper-armor-helmets.htm

5. The CRL says either works, but the M19 is preferable.

6. Nope. Get a new holster from one of the vendors here.

Thanks for the info!  I'll send troopermaster a PM.  If he can't get a set to me, I may be sending you a message!  

As far as the holster is concerned...I just checked out an ESB Centurion build where they just cut new straps from black leather...seems like that may work?

Cutting new straps and attaching them to the ANOVOS holster might work. Still, seems to me that it's easier just to get a different holster.

Besides, by keeping the holster as-is and with a few additional accessories (another helmet, belt, blaster, and handguards), you can go back and forth between ANH and ESB at will. :)

Cutting new straps and attaching them to the ANOVOS holster might work. Still, seems to me that it's easier just to get a different holster.

Besides, by keeping the holster as-is and with a few additional accessories (another helmet, belt, blaster, and handguards), you can go back and forth between ANH and ESB at will. :)

You have a great point here. I've already got the ANH latex guards on the way! It seems like making an E-11 interchangeable wouldn't be too difficult either. Looking at ESB helmets the Anovos shape seems closer to me! Guess I'll just have to get an RS for ANH haha

\m/

The rank bars on the ears are either two or three PER side, according to the CRL:

For level three certification (if applicable):

• Ear bars shall have only two to three bumps painted in black (rank stripes).
  • Like 1

Normally I'd say any decals from TB are good, just make sure they'll fit your helmet, but I'm not sure which type would best fit on the ANOVOS helmet. You may want to wait until somebody with better access to the decals and an ANOVOS bucket can weigh in on this one.

Hello Shaun, its Walter.    Now I can follow your ESB build.   Make sure to chime in Tony and Adam as well.   =)

Hey Walter!  I've already been bugging Tony! haha.  I'll get in touch with Adam too.  It might be fun to do a group build on this thing and get it to Centurion fast!

• Like 2

Alrighty!  I've got everything ordered for the conversion: (minus the Sterling....I'm gonna have to wait a bit on that)

-TM ESB Handguards - ordered

- gazmosis ESB Holster - ordered and on it's way!

- Silk gloves - as recommended by Walter

- Humbrol Paints

My RS accurate assembly kit has not shipped yet, but I did at least order it before it went out of stock.  I'm hoping it will arrive in the next 2 weeks or so.  

Also, I haven't ordered any ESB decals yet.  I'm still asking around to see if anybody has a set and can show them next to an Anovos bucket for comparison.

I'll be using this helmet as my main reference.  I always remember this particular shot of this guy in ESB so I thought I'd make hime my go to!

-------------

While I wait for everything to come in I'll be doing some test fitting and pre-assembly, as well as "rebuilding" the Anovos bucket following gazmosis' thread.

I'll be getting pics and video as I go along!

Edited by gmrhodes13
link removed no longer working

I wanted to start with the helmet and ran into a snag. I just noticed it and it seems that it happened either when it was pulled or in shipping. I was wondering if anyone knew of any way to fix this rather than trying to get through a painstaking return process.

e7aca178ff45287a729d62d07e597eab.jpg

2c493c7ebcf10ff0d72d3cd752099321.jpg

89911a49296074e8b0530c5cbe790903.jpg

\m/

Still trying to figure out the Helmet replacement with Anovos, but in the meantime I discovered that Trooper Bay released a line of helmet decals just for Anovos buckets!  Scratch one more item I need off of the list!

Helmet replacement may be the best course of action. But it wouldn't be impossible to "correct" it with some heat and an appropriate shaped object to push it from behind the cheek bump. I have seen some pretty amazing reshaping of armor on this forum by some clever individuals.

• Like 1

Yea maybe try the hot water bath with a large pot and what Adam said regarding using something from behind when it softens up. Then again a replacement bucket would be ideal as long as you're not made to wait 4 months.

Thanks guys! I heard back from Anovos. Here is what I've been told:

"Shaun,

Thank you for your patience and for bringing this to our attention.

With regard to the helmet, we can work on an exchange for this when we receive replacement stock available. We'll follow up with the return label as soon as possible."

I assume it will be a while. I'm going to stave off my hunger to work on the helmet by starting on sizing.

\m/

Well great news! A very generous member of my garrison arranged a helmet trade with me, so I now have a new Anovos bucket! Thank God I won't need to go through their return system!

I also have in my hands all of the components for the conversion to ESB. I'm going to get started on rebuilding the helmet following Gazmosis' helmet rebuild thread tonight!

b64fe5853db6a8644614a0c5c606125c.jpg

The handguards are from Troopermaster, the holster is from Gazmosis and the decals are TrooperBay's new ESB decals specifically for Anovos buckets.

\m/

• Like 2

Helmet disassembly = scary

I got most of the helmet disassembled last night. This thing is so fragile! If anybody else attempts this please be VERY careful!

2d4106f0bb830f17ebe656a2cb43c7c2.jpg

The ear pieces are especially thin. I also noticed that my new decals don't come with the ear portion. So I'll be leaving these the way they are and just adding more black bar stripes that Anovos provided.

fff88d02c3280e308acc790dcfc1ce82.jpg

I can't seem to get one of the Hovi tips off. I can barely pull to try and take it off because the plastic is so thin. It started to stress and "krinkle." It is glued, but I'm not sure what kind...any ideas on how to get it off?

b477198ea348b26250a36b12f3a88801.jpg

d01a06fef6815aef98c850aa82404faa.jpg

\m/

Ok. I'm a little bummed. I got the other Hovi off but it took a bit of the helmet with it.

I was as careful as I could possibly be and even used some solvent.

f280fbf579cdf78ed10bc57871eb262a.jpg

04a6f70d54d33ad4b678ac5412ea433c.jpg

Ugh! So frustrating!

b6169cdeae88e685b42b76dcf95bd34b.jpg

Thankfully any Hovi tip will cover the area removed, but I'll have to get a bit creative on how to reinforce it. If anyone has any thoughts on how to "fix" this I'm all ears!

\m/