My Daughter's Blaster not a build, but NEW T-TRACK SUPPLIER?

gazmosis

My daughter will be getting the new Anovos Armor. Provided she keeps doing well in school. Anyway, During our wait for her armor to arrive, I built her blaster. It was a DOOPY PIPE KIT.  I needed to get an acrylic receiver tube (Thank you usaeatt2!!), scope, scope rail, and counter. I bought a Sterling kit from APEX a while back. I took molds of many of the inadequate parts to apply to her blaster like the bolt/charging handle, the front sight, the lock ring track for the butt cap,

the hinge mount for the folding stock. I also acquired a resin barrel replica also made by usaeatt2 (Aaron Trebel) This made it possible to incorporate many real parts into her build. I used the folding stock, butt cap, front barrel screws, and the inner spring althouigh I needed to cut it down because it was way too much pressure for the plastic parts. I also applied the crinkle finish. This might not be entirely accurate to the film, but it gives an authentic look to the finish many Sterlings had.

ANYWAY!!! This thread is not so much about the blaster as it is about a suplier for affordable, accurate T-Tracks. If this was repeated I apologize. Earlier this year,  I was blessed to receive a set of T-Tracks from a fellow trooper as a gift for helping him out. They are from http://www.toddscostumes.com/costume-supplies/star-wars-prop-builders-supplies/star-wars-prop-makers-t-strips/. Kit #4 is what we want and it is $24!! These were awesome to work with!!! the heated evenly, bent perfectly, and I needed to trim the sides to fit in the vent holes properly but was able to fine sand them down so the cut marks didn't show. First pics are of my Daughter's blaster and the T-Track pics and measurements are below. 

post-12041-0-79263700-1454600524_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-61240100-1454600532_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-06218000-1454600539_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-08260500-1454600546_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-14006800-1454600552_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-74235600-1454600557_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-36640000-1454600563_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-19620000-1454600570_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-76914600-1454600576_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-21917100-1454600583_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-10110300-1454600588_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-34440400-1454600594_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Interesting. That's about what I paid for a set from John aka Marv not too long ago. I'd love to see a comparison between those two brands and wannawanga's, which is motivation enough. :) Unless someone beats me to it, I'll post a few shots once I get these since I have those other two makers' still unused. Thanks for posting, Steve!

• Like 1

Thank you guys. There are no electronics...that work anyway. I replaced my home router and ripped the old one apart. I stole a couple sections of circuit board and then a smaller strip to hid the screw that are holding on the magazine well.

Here are some comparison shots of "Todd's" on the left and Wannwangas on the right. You can see that Todd's are SLIGHTLY wider and just a bit beefier.

post-12041-0-65931900-1454618315_thumb.jpg

post-12041-0-72127900-1454618321_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

The crinkle finish is not by any means required. This type of finish was applied to selected Sterlings. If you choose that you want to apply it, It is called VHT and it's available at Advance Auto or on line. It is glossy black, though. After I let it dry for 24 hours, I went back and top coated it with a very dark gray. I chose flat from Model Masters and darkened it with semi-gloss black until I liked the color then airbrushed the entire blaster. The pistol grip was gloss black automotive paint. Needs to be durable. The bolt I painted with the same gray I used for the body before I darkened it. I added a couple drops of brass to give the metallic look. The tracking strips I did with rub-n-buff so they looked extra polished.

Always good to have more T-track options. Blaster looks great all over, Steve. I was going a different route with placing a cover inside the receiver where you have the electronics board, but that looks quite cool. Might borrow that idea and see how it looks in my new toy.

• Like 1

My daughter will be getting the new Anovos Armor. Provided she keeps doing well in school. Anyway, During our wait for her armor to arrive, I built her blaster. It was a DOOPY PIPE KIT.  I needed to get an acrylic receiver tube (Thank you usaeatt2!!), scope, scope rail, and counter. I bought a Sterling kit from APEX a while back. I took molds of many of the inadequate parts to apply to her blaster like the bolt/charging handle, the front sight, the lock ring track for the butt cap,

the hinge mount for the folding stock. I also acquired a resin barrel replica also made by usaeatt2 (Aaron Trebel) This made it possible to incorporate many real parts into her build. I used the folding stock, butt cap, front barrel screws, and the inner spring althouigh I needed to cut it down because it was way too much pressure for the plastic parts. I also applied the crinkle finish. This might not be entirely accurate to the film, but it gives an authentic look to the finish many Sterlings had.

ANYWAY!!! This thread is not so much about the blaster as it is about a suplier for affordable, accurate T-Tracks. If this was repeated I apologize. Earlier this year,  I was blessed to receive a set of T-Tracks from a fellow trooper as a gift for helping him out. They are from http://www.toddscostumes.com/costume-supplies/star-wars-prop-builders-supplies/star-wars-prop-makers-t-strips/. Kit #4 is what we want and it is $24!! These were awesome to work with!!! the heated evenly, bent perfectly, and I needed to trim the sides to fit in the vent holes properly but was able to fine sand them down so the cut marks didn't show. First pics are of my Daughter's blaster and the T-Track pics and measurements are below. 

Hi,  I was wondering if you could tell me what you used for that little piece sticking out of the barrel shroud in your 6th picture down?

Hi,  I was wondering if you could tell me what you used for that little piece sticking out of the barrel shroud in your 6th picture down?

It's the bayonet Lug if you have not confirmed it. 

And Chris, If that is indeed what you are referring to, it came with the kit.

It's the bayonet Lug if you have not confirmed it. 

And Chris, If that is indeed what you are referring to, it came with the kit.

Steve, thanks, got it.  I saw it labeled in a separate forum that contained 'blueprints' of the E-11.  Thank you!