Anovos Helmet Rebuild

That was my thought too. The only thing I don't like on the helmets is that they didn't paint the last tooth.

Following this thread, I had this question. You are talking about the final triangle at the ends of the frown, correct?... And without opening the recess between this and the last "whole" tooth, as on the painting photos

Sent from my Imperial communicator using Tapatalk

I just trimmed of the majority of the flashing.

Looks like the majority off the trimming was on the upper edge and the flashing in the "tear duct" area was left as-is. I saw some minor trimming to be done on the lower edge of the eyes, but very minor.

Please tell me if this was the case or if I am missing some detail here

Sent from my Imperial communicator using Tapatalk

Edited by BDWC

Yes, BDWC, I'm talking about the last triangular painting. It's missing on the Anovos helmet. You only cut the recess between the (missing) triangular paint and the one before, if you want to make a hero helmet.

Edited by Ripper_L
  • Like 1

Hello Steve, what did you use to remove the Anovos frown paint without damaging the ABS?

Many people have used rubbing alcohol and cotton balls, and rubbed it all off with a little bit of elbow grease. No damage.
  • Like 3

My inch fractions are not very good but I believe 6/32 is the same as 3/16 which is roughly 4.7mm. The actual size of the brass screws are 3.5mm which is approximately 9/64.

6/32 is not actually a fraction when referring to machine screws. It is sometimes written as 6-32. The 6 refers to the diameter of the bolt (don't know what the actual measurement is off hand) and the 32 is the thread pitch (1/32).

• Like 1

My inch fractions are not very good but I believe 6/32 is the same as 3/16 which is roughly 4.7mm. The actual size of the brass screws are 3.5mm which is approximately 9/64.

So if I wanted metric (as they are easier to source in the UK) I'd want to use M3.5? And they'd want to be about 20mm long?

6/32 is not actually a fraction when referring to machine screws. It is sometimes written as 6-32. The 6 refers to the diameter of the bolt (don't know what the actual measurement is off hand) and the 32 is the thread pitch (1/32).

I just checked this out and a #6 machine screw still works out a 9/64 so again, too big :)

I just checked this out and a #6 machine screw still works out a 9/64 so again, too big :)

You might be correct but whatever he used on his Anovos helmet the heads are too small, the #6 are a closer match and by comparing to the StarWarshelmet.com photos the screws are closer to #6 . 

Edited by ABS80

Nah. Check out as many original ANH and ESB helmets as you like. Even the TIE's used the same brass screws :)

But regardless the screws used on his Anovos helmet are smaller then the originals,  you can see proportion of the head screw used on my helmet last photo and proportion is spot on and they are 6/32.

anovos%20screws%202.jpg

anovos%20screws1.jpg

orig%20screws%205.jpg

orig%20screws%204.jpg

orig%20screws%203.jpg

AP%20helmet%203.jpg

Edited by ABS80
  • Like 1

Yes, they do look smaller on the Anovos helmet. They probably use the more common M3 screws instead of the correct sized M3.5 screws.

It took me a long time to find M3.5 countersunk last night in any qty that wasn't by the 100!

Also do I need washers or just nuts?