Correct Pliers?

dejango

I really want to be able to adjust the ANOVOS build when it gets here, so to be able to do my snaps I need the right pliers. These are a pair I picked up from the store, and I'm wondering if these are the correct type for just the average industrial snaps? If not can someone direct me to the pair they use or one that will work? It says it can do normal snaps and "pearl snaps"..

18015bf428c8a80b8c79df15f6d42dfc.jpg

76f78db2e9a14cc36c8eb920596a7d3f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by dejango

As long as they'll fit your snaps, those should work as well as any other snap pliers. Having said that, I'm a bigger believer in the hammer and setting tool approach to snap installation, than I am in the snap pliers.

• Like 3

As long as they'll fit your snaps, those should work as well as any other snap pliers. Having said that, I'm a bigger believer in the hammer and setting tool approach to snap installation, than I am in the snap pliers.

Me too. The bench press snap setters are very good, but more expensive. Hammer setting will usually Give more longevity than the hand pliers.

+1 for the hammer  set and anvil action. All the pliers I've used have needed me to finish them with the hammer type set tool anyways.

And then I ended up bending my pliers after so many snaps trying to get them properly connected. 

-Eric