Enthus' Anovos Build

Enthus

Howdy guys. I'm so glad I can finally make this thread! I've been lurking here for years, and the Anovos deal was good enough for me to finally hop into a TK armor build.

(Apologies for the pictures being iffy. My camera on my phone is great!.. in bright settings. Sadly, my workspace is pretty dark, so many of these pictures will be grainy or blurry as this thread goes on)

I received my BBB on Saturday, 1/30. 

uQOiwEM.jpg

I was too excited to take a nice picture of the armor before trimming, so I've got this messy thing.

MQrE6Py.jpg

Of course, I had to take a selfie.

R1UWadW.jpg

Some more shots of the helmet, along with a Clone I started a few weeks ago.

d1tW3RX.jpg

NiY71Mg.jpg

GqfbfOQ.jpg

I've spent a few hours yesterday and today trimming, so it is all pretty close to done in that department. I need to trim closer on the 2 ab details and remove the return edge on the forearms. I'll probably be doing that tonight, and will begin some basic assembly tomorrow. Not pictured is the thermal detonator, since I have already started on that.

5H8thnw.jpg

Finally, a glamour shot of my TK boots I've had for a few months now.

800JjP2.jpg

I started trimming with the hand pieces, continued onto the arms, then legs, and finally the torso. I didn't have any major mishaps, and thankfully my only knife slips occurred on return edges and are too light to see unless you are really looking for them. All edges have been sanded smooth, save for the hand openings as they will be cut anyway.

List of changes I plan on making:

Helmet:

• I will be plastidipping the interior
  • Touching up the frown
  • Adding padding and eventually electronics

Armor:

• I have ordered flexible handguards and they should be in soon.
  • I will be using snaps instead of velcro

Of course, more will be added as the build goes on and I see what else I should do. I will probably be using the provided belt. It seems a bit flimsy, but I'm not too worried about it at the moment. Additionally, I will be buying a blaster soon.

I think that about wraps it up for now. I plan on making several updates, and hopefully they will be pretty rapid as my schedule is clear for the near future. Please be as harsh in your critiques as you can be, as I want to do this build right.

I did some more work today, although not as much as I had hoped. It seems the next few days I'll be busy with a programming assignment, so I won't be expecting much progress. Additionally, I'll be trying to take a bunch of pictures from this point forward. I kind of skipped that in my rough trimming, as it seemed simple enough, but I don't want to miss anything or mess up a detail along the way. Anyway, here is what I've done.

I decided to work on the TD, as it seemed really easy. I used super glue instead of e6000 for this as I was fairly certain I wouldn't need to reposition it. (The endcaps are simply held on. They are pretty snug, so I'm not expecting to glue them).

Materials:

byvcPEr.jpg

Marking the center of the tube for the plate:

4HgoQlV.jpg

Guide holes drilled (A bit too wide, but the screws held. I also superglued the clips to the tube, just to ensure they hold.)

2Ms0zLj.jpg

Finished Product:

MvbZSBj.jpg

ANUeE4R.jpg1RWr7ux.jpg

I also removed the two upper screws on the belt. It's not pretty, but hopefully I can find a way to close the holes in a convincing manner.

Ss52YhI.jpg

Removed the return edges on the forearms-

Before-

VVc4aZC.jpg

HZilPGS.jpg

After trimming, but before sanding-

PcIIkO6.jpg

And finally, after sanding. I also removed the film, as it was getting annoying.

xzym00e.jpg

Repeated 4 times for all forearm parts, and they feel much better now. That's the extent of my progress right now, so hopefully another update will be coming soon.