Fitting a TK kit to a female body...

Naglium

I'm working on assembling an Anovos Classic TK for my wife.  She (obviously) has a different body shape than I do.  Are there any tutorials or WIP threads that describe any tips or differences in assembly for the female form?  Something to account for the curves and other differences. I know with her RC the waist had to be a bit lower, and her TB allows for more adjustment with placement of parts, etc.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Completely doable. Having done this three times (and likely to start on a fourth soon), the biggest challenges will be adjusting for the differences in height, hips/butt, and bust size.

There is a great thread that "BoboJuice" put together that addresses the challenges of adapting TK armor to the female form.

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/27077-howto-modifying-armor-for-women/

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys.  I can figure out what to do to make things *smaller*, but I'm wondering about what to do to make them *bigger*.  Where would appropriate places be to add extensions or shims?  Mostly in the central body area: cod/butt/kidney/back/chest area.  Ideally we're hoping for EIB or Centurian, but if our modifications for standard Legion approval negate any of that, that's ok with us.

What I've noticed most in my builds for women is that you have to taper the thighs more to account for the much larger shift inwidth from the hips to the knees. Getting that right is usually the biggest challenge.

Boobs haven't been much of a problem - those can be held tight by a solid sports bra.

I'll be honest - my wife has a.... rather curvacious backside.  I'm wondering if there will be enough "coverage" area.  I just don't want it to look like she's wearing armor thats too small for her.  Let me see if I can talk her into test fitting some of the pieces, and posting pics here. 

Gordo: I am an an impolite person for totally spacing out on your question. To be fair though, I was out of the country. But I just plain forgot.

(psst Heather's kidney plate is upside down)

-Eric

The back kidney plate is on upside-down the cutout notch goes down not up. <br><br>

Beside to attach shims to both the kidney and the abdomen plates you'll need to mix abs paste to cover the seams. <br><br>

You can cut a new notch on the kidney plate on the extended shim or leave one as is and extend forward above it.

Thanks guys.  I think I've figured out on what to do to make it look good.  It's been almost a decade since I built my TK (and "built" may not be the best word - it's an FX from '07).  I'm using my wife's kit as a guinea pig, so when I do mine (after she's approved), I know what to do, and what to avoid.  :)

Easy. Put mica padding in the kidney plate. Push it out two inches. The bum plate will hang down better, and be held up by suspenders and in place at the bottom by the elastic from cod to coccyx. Just make sure the back and chest connection is long enough and add two straps between back and kidney to hold it.