Got my Anovos kit, just want to check a few things before I start

Hey all, I ordered my ANOVOS Stormtrooper Kit back in May last year and it finally arrived. Originally I was going to try a ANH Hero but after opening the box and seeing the helmet it looks like the Stunt will be easier. I've been doing research for the past few months on what might work and what wouldn't, along with prices for other necessary parts. That said I have a few questions regarding what I've found. 

Boots: Would these work? http://www.imperialboots.com/product/421/ 

E-11: I think this is the right model but I'm not 100% sure. http://www.hasbro.com/en-us/product/star-wars-stormtrooper-blaster:7E8B302A-5056-9000-6D25-5550DF92633D   If it is, then a  Doopy Doos mod is what I'll need correct? 

Finally for the helmet, I found this video online and was wondering if it would be ok to copy/would it be wise to do. 

I also found these: http://store.voicebooster.com/icomm-imperial-communication-system/  Thoughts/Opinions on this method? 

As for the actual kit, I still have it in the box as my dad and I will be working on it this upcoming weekend. I already printed out the official Anovos manuel, as well as the guidelines from the databank. 

This is my first build so Im kind of nervous and I just want to make sure I have everything right. As I work on the kit I'll be sure to post updates and pictures. 

Hi Devon,<br>

Congratulations on getting your kit!<br>

Yes, those boots are fine, you could also look at TKBoots.com.<br>

Yes, that blaster and a Doopydoos conversion kit will be ok for basic approval. They are a great little trooping blaster, kids love the lights and sounds. Please note though, if you want to shoot for the higher levels you will need to get a more accurate blaster.<br>

I can't watch the video at the moment so can't help you there.<br>

The iComm and Aker amp from voice booster.com are excellent.<br><br>

We all started where you are, so start a build thread, do your research and make sure if you can't find a definitive answer to something, that you ask lots of questions!<br>

Good luck!

• Like 3

Been looking into Blaster options and I've seen three that I like so far: The Hasbro Blaster with Doopydoos conversion; The Hyperfirm, and then there's Pablo's BlasterCore E-11
I love how Pablo did his blaster but for someone new to the who building armor/blaster scene what would be the recommended route?

I also have a question regarding boots. I have an extremely large foot size. I wear 15 4E US. I looked on Imperialboots.com and the largest they have is a 12. And the TKboots.com stated they do not yet currently have wide sizes. Any help/advice on where to look for some suitable TK boots?
(Edit) I found these online http://www.shoebuy.com/dunham-graham-dun-chelsea-…/…/1567526 Would these qualify for 501st Centurion status?

When I made my first TK build, I concentrated on the armor. You have to know how far you wanna go - for basic approval you don't even need a blaster. If you still want one, the hasbro/doopy blaster is fine and cheap. It's great for trooping, because you can easily give it away to kids and it's very light weight.<br><br>

Most of the other blasters are much more accurate but at least double the price. I don't know how good your skills are, but it's also possible to make your own scratch build blaster that is very accurate. Or maybe a pvc pipe conversion?<br><br>

I don't have any experience with tkboots or imperialboots - mine are made by zhongvador from france. He makes great boots and he may make a pair of custom sized aswell, just ask him. If you want to paint black chelsea boots, I think the most accurate boots currently available come from Loake. But note, that there should not be any brand visible!

Psst- Zhongvader is Imperialboots.  (:

If you email them about prices for bigger feet, they will work with you.  I've got size 13 boots, and they fit great (I'm normally a 12.5 W)

Hi Devon,

Jut a heads up on Doopydoos blasters - they are currently showing almost everything 'out of stock'. I emailed the today (I'm actually in Lincolnshire UK myself - not too far from them) and await their reply. Tried calling them but no joy.  I too am interested in getting their E11 either full blaster or kit.

Hi Devon,

Jut a heads up on Doopydoos blasters - they are currently showing almost everything 'out of stock'. I emailed the today (I'm actually in Lincolnshire UK myself - not too far from them) and await their reply. Tried calling them but no joy.  I too am interested in getting their E11 either full blaster or kit.

UPDATE - just heard back from DoopyDoos and they should have stock of the E11 blaster kits tonight and the DLT-19 in March if that helps.