OMooney's Phonix Props e-11 build

I've wanted to build an e-11 for a long time and ordering my Anovos armor was just the push I needed to finally do it. I chose to do a pipe build with a Pheonix Props kit.

As I waited for my kit to arrive I got started on the pipe. I picked up a chainlink fencepost at Lowe's and a 27/64" bit and started drilling holes...

5b38ee646f6ca3a3ce1786bcb5771e4e.jpgc2663b092da5e0fc293ceb75bf64e836.jpg721c2dc38d6c22978cad2533b995396c.jpg

even using a drill press I couldnt manage to get my holes evenly space (should have drilled pilot holes) and the alloy was entirely too hard and thickwalled for me to cut with my dremel bits. so ive decided to try something else...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So here is what i came up with:

fb1761b8ba0998432ce5622008eb043f.jpg

93dc293fd0b959229e9e1d4b133068f1.jpg

I took a carboard wrapping paper tube to work and soaked it in fiberglass resin. it is quite rigid and should be much easier to work with than that pipe. An added bonus is the significant weight savings!

• Like 1

Dday's pre drilled aluminum pipes are amazing and definitely recommend them if you find the tube you are using doesn't work out. It will cost you more money to get the pipe but worth it.

• Like 1

Dday's pre drilled aluminum pipes are amazing and definitely recommend them if you find the tube you are using doesn't work out. It will cost you more money to get the pipe but worth it.

I was considering that option, I think I'll look around for an acrylic or pvc pipe locally and give it one more go and if that doesnt turn anything up... i'll order one of Derrek's

I've drilled 3 pipes now. One 3mm thick PVC Electrical conduit, One 3mm aluminium and most recently a 2mm aluminium. Although tricky to line up the holes, even with a drill press, the softer material was easy to tidy up as you went. Certainly don't envy your attempt at the steel pipe.

I've drilled 3 pipes now. One 3mm thick PVC Electrical conduit, One 3mm aluminium and most recently a 2mm aluminium. Although tricky to line up the holes, even with a drill press, the softer material was easy to tidy up as you went. Certainly don't envy your attempt at the steel pipe.

Yeah it was a bit rough. I dont know why I ever thought that was a good idea.