Sebastien ANH Stunt build thread [ATA]

I am not satisfied with the end result  :angry:

IMG_2306.jpg

the plates does not stick together.

Even with the belt tightened, this does not prevent the overlap and sometimes, it locks the chest plate

IMG_2303.jpg

My problem is with the shape of the plates... The kidney and AB plates do not want to stick together. I think it's related to the shape of the kidney plate that tends to go outward.

Did some of you already experienced that problem ?

The only ideas i have to fix this are :

- Immerse the kidney plate in boiling water and try to shape it more "inward"

- Reduce the length of my straps, but i'm not sure that will prevent the plates from overlaping as when pushed manually inward, plates are aligning.

Any other idea ?

I had the same problem. I took two strips of abs, about 3/4" X 6" long. Glue 3" worth onto the kidney portion. The 3" under the ab plate will be free floating, but will be enough to keep your kidney even with the ab. If you have trouble with up and down movement you can always add another strip, this one glued to the ab, between the two strips glued to the kidney. Kind of like a finger join. I can post pictures later if you'd like to see what I mean.

Whoa that's a pretty cool idea! First I've seen of this...is this joining issue common? Won't just shortening the straps or adding one more at the top fix this issue?

Velcro. All the way down. Right hand snap holds top in correct position and Velcro holds side together. Other side should be held in perfect place by on long webbing strip and Velcro or glue under the rivets.

Thank you for all the feedbacks, i will try to fix that gap at the end of my build.

Working on the elastics to fix the legs. First i fixed a button plate

IMG_2291.jpg

and then fixed the second one with the elastic in place

IMG_2308.jpg

Moving to the shoulder straps, i add some pieces of ABS under the strap to fill the gap

IMG_2309.jpg

and then glued the strip on the chest plate

IMG_2312.jpg

I'm leaving around 3 ribs and tried to equilibrate them

IMG_2311.jpg

It's looking good :-)

IMG_2315.jpg

I then finally received my blue paint and finished my button plate

IMG_2318.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I'm back with a problem : I really have hard times to find the required piece of PVC tube for the Thermal Detonator.

The only 2 sizes of PVC i can find here in France are either 50mm or 63mm

50mm is too small :

IMG_2475.jpg

and 63mm too big :

IMG_2476.jpg

I measured the inner diameter of the cap and it seems to be 60mm...

Do the troopers living in Metric countries have an idea where i can find the required diameter ?