OMooney's Anovos build

omooney

Another tip.....the correct screws for your thermal detonator are available on your helmet. Although you will need to paint them black, you can swap out the ear screws for the proper 4-40 brass tapered head machine screws.  Also, your gap between the belt clip and the end caps are a bit enthusiastic. They should be right up against the caps. 

post-12041-0-08985600-1454551957_thumb.jpgThe ear screw is on the left and the replacement is on the right

That pic doesn't show it too well but trust me the ones on your helmet are the correct ones

• Like 1

Nice work on the trimming Aaron. Everything looks nice and clean. Ready for the next phase of assembly for sure. Steve beat me to the TD clip comment I was going to make. :) I have to say that it is exciting and infectious to see so many energized new builds happening at once! Makes me long to get back into the garage and get some strapping assembled on my own project. LoL

• Like 1

Another tip.....the correct screws for your thermal detonator are available on your helmet. Although you will need to paint them black, you can swap out the ear screws for the proper 4-40 brass tapered head machine screws. Also, your gap between the belt clip and the end caps are a bit enthusiastic. They should be right up against the caps.

attachicon.gifP1060237.JPGThe ear screw is on the left and the replacement is on the right

That pic doesn't show it too well but trust me the ones on your helmet are the correct ones

Awesome! Thanks so much for the help! I'll make sure to move those clips outward when I do the screw swap :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

e8cdd28ddd245c281e4b7eb2702cafd4.jpg

ab6cd4f17725c1f2be8780e3fc322586.jpg

I have a question on the Biceps before moving forward with those. After sizing them the offset is pretty significant. My personal preference would be for a closer alignment than this. so my thought was to split the difference between the top and bottom and use a t-shirt covered clothes iron to fold a new return edge, tapering it onto the existing ones. or should I just align the bottom edge and take it off the top? or is there another solution?

554401161ecdf2b84c0c71060001eb6a.jpg

3e87b6755d45781e4c7107428f686346.jpg

making some progress! since the E6000 takes so long to set up these 50/$1 packs of clothes pins are the only way I have enough clamps to keep things moving along. really psyched to see these pieces starting to come together!

Edited by omooney