Wolfpup's Anovos Build Thread

can I link to a webpage instead of posting pics to here?  I spent about 45 minutes putting a bunch of pics in a post on this thread and it came up with a blue bar saying "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

LOL.  Now I know what computer illiterate feels like!  It's always ( and has been since my first computer, a commodore vic 20) the other way around in my family.

can I link to a webpage instead of posting pics to here? I spent about 45 minutes putting a bunch of pics in a post on this thread and it came up with a blue bar saying "you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

LOL. Now I know what computer illiterate feels like! It's always ( and has been since my first computer, a commodore vic 20) the other way around in my family.

You can, but if the images are hosted elsewhere all you need to do it link to them here, as long as they're regular JPG pictures. You don't need to actually "attach" them to your post.

Click the image button, paste in the path to the photos (like "http://www.mypage.com/stormtrooper/chestedge.jpg") and you're good to go. Usually you can go to the other place where the pics are, right click the picture, and choose "view image" (or something similar) and it will show JUST the photo, and the address you want will be in the address bar above. (This is a lot easier on a real computer than a phone or tablet)

Edited by kman

You can, but if the images are hosted elsewhere all you need to do it link to them here, as long as they're regular JPG pictures. You don't need to actually "attach" them to your post.

Click the image button, paste in the path to the photos (like "http://www.mypage.com/stormtrooper/chestedge.jpg") and you're good to go. Usually you can go to the other place where the pics are, right click the picture, and choose "view image" (or something similar) and it will show JUST the photo, and the address you want will be in the address bar above. (This is a lot easier on a real computer than a phone or tablet)

I'm going to have to spend some time and convert my pics to jpg then upload to photobucket then. On my computer, I had a whole post composed and all the images were showing on the preview, and then when I pressed post it came back with an error about a photo type being unsupported or something. I'll have to do it again tonight and try to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

I'm about done with my build and would like to submit for basic approvals, that should give me the determination to get me to understand how to post images correctly. Maybe I can figure out an iPhone work through. Or something.

In addition to what Kalani mentioned...

1. JPG your pictures

2. Reduce the file size. A simple and free program if you don’t have one is Photoscape. Use the batch editor to scale down an entire library of large file pictures.

3. Go to photobucket.com or similar and open a free account. 

Photobucket%202.jpg

4. Using Photobucket for example, create directories or new folders, stay organized from the start

5. Upload (drag and drop) images into your library

Photobucket%204a.jpg

6. Select an image from your library

Photobucket%204b.jpg

7. From the “Share this photo” click on the box to the right of “Direct”. This copies the image to memory.

Photobucket%201b.jpg

8. Back to your thread. Select the image button at the top of the screen.

Photobucket%203b.jpg

9. Using your mouse right click and paste, or short key ctrl, V. Select "ok"

10. Done!

• Like 1

Reduce file size. That might be why it wouldn't save.<br><br>

I'll give it shot later on tonight. <br><br>

Thanks for all the help and patience with me figuring this rediculous problem of mine out. I've never had a problem with anything computer related before that I didn't figure out on my own. <br><br>

As an aside, if anyone is looking at my pics on my photo bucket that I posted a link to above, I put the rivets on even though there are side gaps present as the incentive for me to finally lose some weight. I can't stand the way the gaps look, and I don't want to add shims to the sides. Without the shims, the rivets are out of place imo, but the requirements for basic doesn't specify anything about that. At least I'll hopefully get basic and then lose weight down to 1/2" gap to get EIB, then 0" gap to get centurion. I should have everything else sorted out by those milestones to achieve them by then.

I've added some more pics to the photobucket link. I made some adjustments that aren't on there, yet. The rest will be up tomorrow when I get a chance to take them. <br><br><br>

A word to everyone using the anovos velcro strap system... Ditch the thigh-ab snaps and pick up a $5 Home Depot nylon quick release tool belt (just the belt, no pouches) and turn it into a garter system for the thighs. In my case the downward pulling on the ab section was creating problems with certain motions. Separating the thighs from the main torso section has fixed all that. No issues anymore.

Edited by Wolfpup
  • Like 1