Wolfpup's Anovos Build Thread

So, I got my Anovos ANH TK Kit big brown box yesterday and immediately set on trimming the pieces, trying the helmet on and so forth. I took out the head suspension rig that like a hard hats as it didn't fit my incredibly large head properly and temporarily put in some cut up tile sponges with some Velcro on them to see how helmet pads would work out, and it worked out fine so I'll be ordering those soon. Other than repositioning the lens, the helmet is probably one of the better examples I've seen of the anovos helmet. Hardly any gaps by the ears at all.<br><br>

I did have a problem with the neck seal. I guess my incredibly large head needs an incredibly large neck to support it, so the neck seal is about 2" too short in circumference. Anybody else have this problem?

Hi Eric and it's good to see your build thread pop up. Stuff like the neck seal are probably going to be some of the things that are going to be an issue with mass produced stuff. Like what was mentioned you should contact Darman. You can give him your neck measurements.

• Like 1

Also, any advice on keeping a 9 year old from taking my lid every chance he gets to.. and I quote..." Just showing it to ( grandma, mom, cousin on FaceTime, the ups driver delivering to next door... Etc.)". This happens when I'm not around, of course.

Also, any advice on keeping a 9 year old from taking my lid every chance he gets to.. and I quote..." Just showing it to ( grandma, mom, cousin on FaceTime, the ups driver delivering to next door... Etc.)". This happens when I'm not around, of course.

Keep out of reach, high up on shelf?

So I started my build. Everything's trimmed and I'm ready for assembly. I have a question about return edges on the parts though.<br><br>

What parts don't need return edges, or much of a return edge? Can I take the return edge off the lower part of the shoulder bell for example? I know about the lower forearm, but is there anything preventing me from getting approvals if I need to take return edges off for figment issues? my bicep is larger than the return edge on the shoulder bell seems to allow for and i can see issues with that in the future, possible cracking of the lower shoulder bell issues because the biceps won't fit in it. Know what I mean?<br><br>

How about adding plastic between the kidney and ab plate? I saw an approved armor video this morning that looked like he added like 2" of plastic to each side with rivets. Very visible, but white at least. I'm sure ideally you don't want to see any of that, but will it stop me from getting approved at all?

Ok, so I'm well into my build. Forearms, biceps, shoulders, shins... All done. I need to modify the right shin a bit, but that might have more to do with me having to wear "magic legs" as a 1 year old and not fitting them properly enough and just assuming my left and right shin and ankle dimensions were identical. No biggie, I need to move on and come back to that when I do something else for a bit. <br><br>

Anyway, my new problem is my thigh is too big for the armor, but the length of the armor is too big. I wouldn't be able to bend my leg more than 10 degrees or so. I'd look like a Kenner stormtrooper action figure from the 70's. So I have wide, short thighs... Even though I'm a little over 5'-10" tall. <br><br>

Any ideas? Take some off from the "inseam" of the thigh allowing the armor to rise a little? I saw that I need to build out the back a bit and put a cover strip like a "V", more or less. I could probably get away with a 1 1/8" at the top down to 3/4 at the bottom. Mostly build out the middle of the gap by putting a 2" strip of abs on the inside of the thigh and filling it with more abs between the gap to level it out and then carefully placing the "V" covers strip on the outside. If I do it correctly, it'll look good and be secure.

You can remove some of the return edge from the back of you knee.

Ā 

Can you post a photo of you wearing your thighs? it would be easier to help that way.

I'll see if I can do that later when I get home, but I think I've abandoned that idea (even though I spent several hours on it) in favor of this one:<br><br>

Put a strip on the inside thigh on both sides and fill the "V" gap with a "v" shaped strip of abs. Then paste, sand, polish the 2 thin gaps on either side of that "v" strip Then after that add the correct sized cover strip... Only it won't be covering anything and will just be for show, but it will look correct. <br><br>

I probably won't be able to do this until spring when I can work with that acetone-abs paste outside unless I can come up with another solution that won't be as much of a hazard to breathe in.

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/ericwolf2/library/Wolfpup%20TK

So here's the link to where I am with my build. I had a problem with the thighs and had to shim them out and abs paste the seams on either side of the shim. I'm not done sanding them yet, obviously.

I also need to adjust my shins as they don't "wrap" around properly and the Velcro gives out. Just a little heating with the wife's hair dryer and flexing by hand and that should be ok. (Don't let her know I'm using it for that!)

She had a thought about using matching nail polish on the seams, and actually picked out the exact shade for me. so I'm experimenting on a small piece of scrap and will post the results here if it works out alright. The color of this armor isn't pure white, so finding a paint to match is difficult.

This weekend I'll be working on the thighs again and the torso/ back and strapping and hopefully fitting. All those pics will be on that same link above as I do those parts and I'll update here as well.

Having some fun with this build with the exception of the frustration of these thighs seams not blending properly after sanding...

Edited by Wolfpup

I'm destined to be a Stormtrooper. I must be MISSING something about how to do this. LOL<br><br>

Even though I posted links hundreds of time before in other places from my phone, I can't get it to work now.

Hey Wolf, I had problems getting your link to open. Ā Then I actually copied the address as you have it in post 15, then "paste and go" into my browser and it worked.

This is one of those "don't know how it worked and don't care" moments! lol. Ā 

Keep up the work on your build. Ā I'm getting ready to start on my Anovos build as well.

:popcorn:

Man, your build is infinitely more betterer than mine! Wait a minute... I need you back building your armor so I can follow along and do mine! After I sort through this one to get my link back in order, I'm going straight over to your build thread and start putting snaps and things in their proper places and maybe take apart my belt and fix up those 2 Chicago screw holes... Where I'll likely be eating popcorn as well. LOL.

Ā 

link sorted out.

Ā 

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/ericwolf2/library/Wolfpup%20TK?sort=3&page=1

Edited by Wolfpup

I added more pics to that photobucket. <br><br>

Tried some stuff on with strapping for the first time together. Right shoulder bell doesn't have the bicep strap on it in those pics. Also didn't put the straps from the chest to the backplate yet. There is also a pic of a 1/4 helmet and my computer. That one is probably going to be my profile pic b/c I LOLed when I took everything off to see what it looked like so far. I'm sure it's been said before, TK's Cant see anything in that thing. Couldn't even take a selfie...

I added some more pics. First fitting and noticed several things. Keep in mind i haven't glued the ab buttons yet or added the white shoulder straps. I also haven't gotten my proper undersuit yet. I need to paint the buttons and don't want to glue the shoulder straps in the wrong place. They'll be on sometime this week. <br><br>

I already see where I need to make adjustments all over the place: The left thigh, the chest overlap, the back-kidney strap came undogl... My weight...<br><br>

I should have taken a pic of my neck seal. The anovos one didn't fit and I had one made by my mother, LOL. I picked it up just the other day and it was my first time trying it on. <br><br>

The problem is going to be that thigh. I might have to cut it apart again and trim some off, or bring it up and cut part of the top.. Along with the other thigh so there not different lengths.

Man, your build is infinitely more betterer than mine! Wait a minute... I need you back building your armor so I can follow along and do mine! After I sort through this one to get my link back in order, I'm going straight over to your build thread and start putting snaps and things in their proper places and maybe take apart my belt and fix up those 2 Chicago screw holes... Where I'll likely be eating popcorn as well. LOL.

Ā 

link sorted out.

Ā 

http://s1038.photobucket.com/user/ericwolf2/library/Wolfpup%20TK?sort=3&page=1

Ā 

lol thanks. There's plenty of excellent build threads out there, please help yourself. I will get held up at times, it's the nature of the tutorial beastĀ  :blink: