TK Stunt build

Personally I left the returns on all torso parts for the thicker look and would say keep wherever possible. I don't think it's mandatory to keep though and is up to you. See what others say too.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0251 using Tapatalk

Personally I left the returns on all torso parts for the thicker look and would say keep wherever possible. I don't think it's mandatory to keep though and is up to you. See what others say too.

Thanks Haso :)

Keep some on the back so that your back plate can't potentially slip under your kidney. Keep some on chest for thickness. Top of butt should have some, but most seem to remove other return edges on the butt plate. I keep some for top of ab, but none around cod area. Hope that helps.

It does! Thanks!

Main reason I'm asking, is because of this:

1460369400122-2082379080_zpsoygny1id.jpg

Because of the large amount of return edge, it wont sit too well on the kidney armour :/ 
So you reckon I should remove most of it? :)

I asked a similar question, due to the back not sitting square on the kidney. I was told that it is movie accurate, and to expect a little gap.

EDIT: I was referring to the bottom - couldn't see the photo properly on my phone. Sorry about that.

I think the line you have is good, but make sure the amount left stays consistent all the way to the bottom corner. I think your line is starting to drift shallow at that point.

Edited by Sentry71

I think cutting at that line makes sense. I have it pretty even with the amount of return at the arm right beside it. Keeps it looking uniform.

Thanks guys! I got some advice from some fellow Redback Garrison members, and I cut the return edges down to about 5-6mm. I made sure to cut out a curve to keep the edge a uniform length, It sits a lot nicer now :)

In other news, according to 68Brick's idea I taped and used magnets to reline my face plate, marked new drill holes, re drilled and this is the end result.

I'm going to have to trim little parts off the ears, and I havent counter sunk the holes or screwed them in too far but I'm definitely much happier with it than before.

1460417012717-2082379080_zpsqycwilhq.jpg
1460417408004-1223252079_zpsydzeaz2n.jpg
1460417593355891764733_zpsflxmwhwo.jpg

Forgive the crappy paint job, will be finishing it soon :) I also installed the hovi mic tips :)
Edited by Haak
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
After I slept off some jet lag (I went to Paris for a week) I went to work on my armour.

image_zpshhsh7gpc.jpeg

image_zpszxqezoib.jpeg

image_zpsd4xw3ift.jpeg

I ended up cutting a tapered line on each. I took off 25mm from the top and 12.5mm from the bottom. How does it look? Still need to cut the notches out of the kidney, and my split rivets arrived, so I might just do that now.

image.jpg1_zps9kbuc6we.jpg

Measured up the back/chest.

image_zpssrsdrnb6.jpeg

image_zpsi2nzpny9.jpeg

image_zpskgfsqvpa.jpeg

Going to cut to about the green lines.

image_zpszt9xr5rz.jpeg

Sitting roughly where I want it :)

• Like 1

Personally, I would suggest connecting the kidney and the posterior plates, and THEN recheck if your idea for the sloped cut on the kidney is still needed.

I agree with Sentry. Fit the butt plate and see how it all sits together and in relation to each other first. Great going so far. Don't feel the need to stop asking questions, its in all our interests that every trooper has great looking armour!

Just fyi guys, I followed your advice and connected the kidney to the butt plate and then remeasured. I did end up cutting a sloped line, there was no way around it, otherwise the butt plate slipped :)

Sometimes, you just have to do what you have to do. Looking forward to seeing how it all came out in pics.

Definitely don't want a slippery butt plate :D

image.jpg1_zpslkua7ecl.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsazkkysao.jpg

God these things are a pain.....

Managed to get a bit done this morning before work.

made some velcro attachments for my hand plates, sewing thread kept breaking :/

image_zpstq6go8bu.jpeg

image_zpsafxnxoey.jpeg

Got my ab/kidney snapped together

image_zpsr0sakykq.jpeg

Added snap to Ab plate

image_zpscfa0qayn.jpeg

Glued and painted buttons

image_zpstjetaqir.jpeg

I also trimmed the ears and gave my helmet another paint job, trimmed my ammo belt, and glued lots of webbing :s

Time to paint the ears !!!!!

image_zpsq29q6rfj.jpeg

Putting grey on first, figure it's easier to paint a black line onto grey than vice versa

Glued on Sniper Plate

image.jpg1_zpsnmb1y8d9.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsyg10bice.jpg

image.jpg1_zps9hdiobwl.jpg

Velcro on shins is done!

• Like 1

Sent in my approval photos just before midnight!

Here they are! There are already things I'm unhappy with, I guess that's where the OCD comes in.

image_zpsipgrqppg.jpeg

It's hot in there!

image_zpsny2mmnwb.jpeg

image_zps3bjzfses.jpeg

image_zpsu8kwzser.jpeg

image_zpsfx26apln.jpeg

image_zpss1aulyoc.jpeg

image_zpsmyptqnlq.jpeg

image_zpsitlep4qh.jpeg

Man clean up those darn pencil lines on the side will ya!!! Lol, only joshing Josh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Man clean up those darn pencil lines on the side will ya!!! Lol, only joshing Josh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh gee, I've never heard that pun before! ;)

OK Photo's resubmitted. Much happier with them this time around!

13199035_1032041453510484_872599341_o_zp

13199041_1032041396843823_1780729501_o_z

13170719_1032041436843819_4494905_o_zpsn

13214938_1032041423510487_908087379_o_zp

13170720_1032041460177150_196432764_o_zp

13199499_1032041370177159_1548365648_o_z

Complete with an awesome action shot!

After this, I put foam in the shins and thighs to stop what was happening with them in the pictures

Good luck mate. I just noticed the sniper plate tucked under the thigh but I'm guessing that's what you've rectified.

Sent from my SM-J100Y using Tapatalk