manyhighkicks' ANOVOS build

Hey dudes! First timer here, and VERY excited to begin my first build with the Anovos kit. Got my BBB today, earlier than I thought I would! Naturally threw the bucket on right away and the lenses cut into my nose... Ahh, the joys!<br><br>

Anyways, starting the build tonight with some trimming and not getting into anything too crazy until my tin snips and magnets arrive! <br><br>

Following along with so many other builds, so please keep the good stuff coming! My husband and I will be building ours together, but he just sat down to play a video game and I'm not gonna wait!! Im starting with the arm pieces. Will update in a bit!

Ok. I did one piece (which I assume is a the front piece of the left forearm). This is very slippery and very easy to eff up.

I wish the score lines were just a hair deeper! But I think this will be okay when I take a dremmel to it and even it out.

ce68055915eee6ea9a39feb46eb90cb6.jpg

3d5158242b35e107d0333ff38bb49e47.jpg

It feels a little big - I've got skinny arms. Does this look right, or do you think I'll have to take them in or curve them more?

1632dd85b09b414cbfbc7b476544c753.jpg

Now I'm going to eat some dinner and try not to ruin anything! Will be back at it tomorrow after reading some more

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The cut lines in the moulds for the forearms are of no use whatsoever. There should be absoluetly no return edge where your wrists are.
That's also far too much return edge at the opposite end (elbow/inside of elbow).

Look at the references of original armour and copy how they were trimmed. 

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/gallery/

You can trim the pieces tighter to suit your body size but, in the case of the forearms, you need to be careful not to make them too tight as you'll otherwise have trouble getting your hand through. Plus, there is a definite flare towards the elbow. They're not snug-fitting like a tightly wrapped bandage.

Edited by Rich330
  • Like 1

The score lines are just a guide, there never going to work with everybody as we are all different sizes....some bigger than others....sigh.

It's the fine tuning and customising to your body size that will make the kit yours, I would reduce the return edges at your elbow ends of the forearms to at least half what you have.

• Like 1