Sentry's ANH Stunt Build [AP]

Yeah it looks like you left more ridge near the bottom when you cut the two sides of your shin. Not sure if a lot of people get asked to fix that. Definitely your call for now!

• Like 1

Seems like just yesterday I had this:

inside_box.jpg

And now, and month and a half later, I have this:

body3.jpg

And a new toy as of today: Hyperfirm DLT-19!!!
dlt19.jpg

Going on vacation this weekend, so no further work until Monday. I think I will be able to hit that April 1st target, though! :D
Edited by Sentry71
  • Like 4

Back problems... armor related, I promise. :)

I have an issue where the back plate either sits even on the top of the kidney, and slopes very far backward...

back1.jpg

... or I pull it inward to where it touches my back properly, and I end up with a gap...

back2.jpg

... and I don't know how to correct the issue. I don't want to remove the return from the back piece, but I can't think of another way to get it to sit properly.

Did anyone else have this issue? What did you do to correct it?

Edited by Sentry71

There's supposed to be a small gap between kidney and back... No worries, it's standard<br><br>

Watch the Stormtroopers running through Tantive IV you'll see....

Edited by TK 2759
  • Like 1

The top picture is what you should shoot for. A little gap is fine but try to get it minimal. It looks weird but your back naturally contours like that. Put it on like that and then you can focus on getting the chest plate lined up and figuring out the elastic to connect the two. 

• Like 1

Thanks for setting me straight on that. I have a little work to do on the shoulder straps still, and then I should be ready for submission photos.

• Like 1

Thanks for setting me straight on that. I have a little work to do on the shoulder straps still, and then I should be ready for submission photos.

Git'r'done! Can't wait to hear the news of another new TK ID

• Like 1

I went to my second armor party yesterday. Suited up, and had a few vets point out a couple of minor changes still to be made.

- take an additional 1cm off the top of the thighs to combat/prevent armor bite and even up the profile.

- heat bend the shoulder straps  (they aren't quite bending properly at the back end, even with the elastic there)

- helmet retention (pads, hard hat liner, power of the Force?)

I think I can do the first two, get photos taken and submitted, then worry about the helmet after.

Pics to come!!

• Like 2

I went to my second armor party yesterday. Suited up, and had a few vets point out a couple of minor changes still to be made.

- take an additional 1cm off the top of the thighs to combat/prevent armor bite and even up the profile.

- heat bend the shoulder straps (they aren't quite bending properly at the back end, even with the elastic there)

- helmet retention (pads, hard hat liner, power of the Force?)

I think I can do the first two, get photos taken and submitted, then worry about the helmet after.

Pics to come!!

Awesome! As to pads hard hat liner... It's personal preference... Either works fine, or you may find something else for padding, like a towel taped into the top of the bucket lol.... Who knows... Looking forward to your very own TK ID, hope all goes well!
  • Like 1

I've been approved!!!! TK-11146 reporting for duty!

Tons of thanks go out to everyone that helped with this build - more to come in the Newly Approved forum later. :D

:Stormtrooper_walk_south: 

• Like 5

I've been approved!!!! TK-11146 reporting for duty!

Tons of thanks go out to everyone that helped with this build - more to come in the Newly Approved forum later. :D

:Stormtrooper_walk_south:

Congrats!!! Just saw this :D

• Like 2