Live-fire blaster sound effects

I'm in the thick of building the most realistic, live-fire E-11 possible. Based on a real Sterling L2A3 (of course), it will have a custom working red-dot sight that looks as near to a M38 scope as possible while still being real-world functional as a tactical red-dot. As a bonus, the sight has an integrated visible red laser sight. The semi-auto rifle will fire 9mm cold tracer rounds which pretty much look identical to the blaster fire in the films. (

)

The concept of the rifle is 99% and I feel it just needs that extra 1% to make everyone at the range audibly say "WTF, is that an actual functioning blaster???" It needs LOUD synchronized blaster sound effects. I'm talking loud enough to be audible over the actual gunfire and heard through hearing protection.

I've been noodling this problem for awhile and tried a few things. I've landed on syncing either the trigger pull or the bolt cycling to a bluetooth switch that plays a blaster fire sound effect through a bluetooth speaker. I'm team Apple so I've experimented on my iPhone but a remote triggering of a play event is too latent to sync with the actual fire event. I'm not opposed to a wired solution if it can be easily connected/disconnected from the firearm AND can be discreetly hidden somehow.

I need the ideas of the collective mind to figure out a solution. Ideas?