hupspring's ANOVOS build

hupspring

• 4 weeks later...

So I finally got around to changing out the interior of my bucket, going from the hard hat liner to padding. The military padding alone wasn't doing it for me, so I bought a motorcycle helmet liner that also came with cheek pads. The liner itself didn't fit that great, but it was perfect in my wife's helmet, so she got that for her padding. But I was able to use the cheek pads - after a bit of turning the pads in different directions, I found one that worked. I'm not sure how the cheek pads are actually supposed to sit in a helmet, but this way I'm able to slide the helmet on with earbuds on if necessary. I did remove the hearing assist for now, and I'm going to be ordering a fan bracket soon, so the look of the interior may change a little again.

helmet-interior-6.jpg

I also velcroed a challenge coin (still in a plastic sleeve) to the interior of my bucket just in case I get challenged while in armor. Better safe than sorry!

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Revisiting this build once again, I just wanted to add a little update. After one of my troops in October or November, I saw a picture of myself and I noticed how much extra room there was in my thighs. I knew about this before, but that picture made it obvious to me that I had to trim them down. Previously I had a piece of foam padding in the left thigh to stop the holster from pushing that thigh too far inward. After trimming it to fit better, I no longer need that padding.

I took off the cover strips from the rear of both thighs and measured how much I needed to cut. I think I had to take close to 3 inches off the left thigh and about 2 inches from the right. Most of that removal was at the tops of the thighs since the bottoms were fitted much better. I had to cut new inner cover strips, using left over scraps from my wife's sandtrooper thighs. The outer cover strips were still usable (just make sure you are careful when pulling them off if you ever need to do this).

This is how much plastic was removed. 

thigh-leftovers.jpg

Here's a before and after shot of the thighs - although I forgot to take the 'before' shot before trimming and gluing together the left thigh.

thighs-resized.jpg

It's quite a difference. Now that the thighs are fitted better, I can actually walk much easier as well since the thighs aren't constantly rubbing against each other.

• Like 3