ANOVOS TK (discussion forum)

ukswrath

Yes, although they're also hitting the butt plate in the back. Simply lowering them should be fine, if that's the case. It wasn't clear how much room you had to do that, although now that I look again, I think I was worried there wasn't room because the one shin was simply not pushed down.

Also, if your looking for ways to improve, you might want to fill in the gap between the front thigh halves with a small shim and some ABS paste. I personally find the little buck tooth look distracting. (which is why I did the same fix on mine)

Definitely, thanks for all the help!

Sorry to high-jack this to the "Help Nick With His Armor" thread.

• Like 1

So I've got all the excess trimmed. Do I want to remove all return edges before I do a rough sizing? I'm trying to as close to centurion as possible for now.

Rough sizing is supposed to be rough. Test first, remove later. It may be easy to take off, but it's really hard to put back on if you take too much!

• Like 1

Has anyone used extra wide cover strips to act as a shim?  I'm finding that I need 3 or 4 inches in some places in order to get the thighs to close... an inch or two in the biceps, forearms and shins.

Ideally i'd use the correct width of cover strip on the "outside" or "front" of the piece, and a wider cover strip on the "back" or "inside".

Thoughts?  has anyone done this?

Has anyone used extra wide cover strips to act as a shim?  I'm finding that I need 3 or 4 inches in some places in order to get the thighs to close... an inch or two in the biceps, forearms and shins.

Ideally i'd use the correct width of cover strip on the "outside" or "front" of the piece, and a wider cover strip on the "back" or "inside".

Thoughts?  has anyone done this?

Here's a tutorial to increase thigh width

http://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/26001-haribon72s-anh-stormtrooper-ne-hero-build/?p=383679

Forgive me if this has been covered, but would the tears/traps pass for centurion as they came out the box as emulating "hand painted" decals?

3a1632320fc179d6e4a7595700ff004f.jpg

0001df968042f78c2c9b36791233f8b5.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Has Anovos said anymore on where the original suit came from for their copy?

I understand that there is speculation as to the armour (not helmet) source, and I wondered if anyone has any information.

I have noticed that the armour family tree has not been updated yet to add Anovos.

Has Anovos said anymore on where the original suit came from for their copy?

I understand that there is speculation as to the armour (not helmet) source, and I wondered if anyone has any information.

I have noticed that the armour family tree has not been updated yet to add Anovos.

I guess they're still lying by omission on that one. They're saying the armor comes from an original from ANH, which is true, but omit to say the armor is the one owned by RS Propmasters.

• Like 1

I guess they're still lying by omission on that one. They're saying the armor comes from an original from ANH, which is true, but omit to say the armor is the one owned by RS Propmasters.

I have heard this view from others as well.   Maybe its time to debate this to get it all out in the open.  

No one seems to questioning this suit's source and I find this odd, because as a rule, any new suit gets heavily scrutinised, if some doubt is raised.

This Anovos suit seems to be getting a free ride in that respect both on this forum and the RPF.

Edited by mods1965

I have heard this view from others as well.   Maybe its time to debate this to get it all out in the open.  

No one seems to questioning this suite source and I find this odd, because as a rule, any new suit gets heavily scrutinised, if some doubt is raised.

This Anovos suit seems to be getting a free ride in that respect both on this forum and the RPF.

ANOVOS doesn't have the same scale and weight than any other fan armor makers we know of. They also have an official selling license from Disney, so you can't really do anything against them.

They're starting to become the evil Empire we all like in the films ;).

Is there a minimum size for the TD. I know the rough length is correct as ships but the proportions look off once built. I've seen one where they've trimmed about 1cm from the length and it *looks* spot on proportionally but would now be closer to 7" long.

Anyone had to extend the length of their shins? If I order another set of shins from Anovos when they become available, can I just take some of the bottom off the old and attach to the bottom of the new, paste/sand/polish to blend in? This short length seems to be the issue with the sniper knee digging into my kneecap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone had to extend the length of their shins? If I order another set of shins from Anovos when they become available, can I just take some of the bottom off the old and attach to the bottom of the new, paste/sand/polish to blend in? This short length seems to be the issue with the sniper knee digging into my kneecap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe other makers do longer shins, can't remember which one but that maybe an option for you,

its a bit of an issue for me also by the way,

if someone else knows they could chime in,

If you find out you could send them a off cut sample of the anovos kit to see how the colour matches up  :duim:

First, thanks for all the help provided in this forum !

I've got 2 "issues" with my helmet, one already been discussed but not totally the same, and still see nothing about the other.

If you look at the 2 upper pics, the black brow strip doesn't end at the same place on each side and the helmet cutting seems a bit "random"... (strip is also a little too short in right pic to cover the cutting)

The 2 lower pics shows that the right decal is not aligned in its location (more visible in real than in pics, we clearly see that it's "tilted").

Should I contact Anovos or are these common things ?

ob_8467be_helmet.jpg

Edited by Xoff

First, thanks for all the help provided in this forum !

I've got 2 "issues" with my helmet, one already been discussed but not totally the same, and still see nothing about the other.

If you look at the 2 upper pics, the black brow strip doesn't end at the same place on each side and the helmet cutting seems a bit "random"... (strip is also a little too short in right pic to cover the cutting)

The 2 lower pics shows that the right decal is not aligned in its location (more visible in real than in pics, we clearly see that it's "tilted").

Should I contact Anovos or are these common things ?

The brow trim is actually normal, and accurate to many (if not most) of the screen-used helmets. Very few were applied precisely.

The decals weren't applied especially well (particularly the right top one?) but I don't think it's off enough to be problematic. Certainly not for basic approval, but you may need to get new ones and reapply them, or better yet hand paint it, for Centurion. Neither option likely involves Anovos, though. New decals are only a few buck from TrooperBay, but it's more accurate (and does not require a high degree of skill) to hand paint them anyway. (Check Gazmosis' Anovos Helmet rebuild thread for good tips on making is fairly straightforward)

Edited by kman

Am I missing something ?  I haven't received the under suit yet.  No email notice, no Fedex notice on my door, nothing.  I already have gloves and silicone hand guards, but I at least want to see the suit in person...

Don't worry.. i haven't got mine yet.